Annie (Japanese: アネモ Anemo) is a character in Splatoon. She is a sea anemone who owns the headgear shop, Cooler Heads, along with Moe in Inkopolis.
Annie has pink hair tinted with pastel-green at the tips of her tentacles and also houses Moe in it. She has cyan eyes with reddish-pink pupils. Annie possesses a shiny black accessory in her hair, in the shape of a star and also has black glasses. She has pink-purple headphones and a charteuse jacket emblazoned with purple and bright blue squids. Annie also has a dark blue-green top, orange tights with black squids on it, and black biker boots.
Personality and traits
Annie is extremely reserved and constantly ruminating, but she has many secret fans. Moe the clown fish lives atop her head. He talks a big game, but he staunchly refuses to leave the safety of Annie's head. 
Annie's version of DJ Lee Fish's song Lookin' Fresh has louder treble, i.e. vocals, and minimal percussion, giving it a weaker sound in that respect. This is a reflection of her shy, detached personality, as well as the fact that she sells gear for the top part of the buyer's body, hence the emphasis on the treble.
It is hinted at in the nineteenth Sunken Scroll that Moe is the one manipulating Annie, reading, "Is the big fluffy one providing shelter for the little fishy one, or is the little fishy one manipulating the big fluffy one? We may never know..."
North America (English)
- "O-oh... Hello. I-I'm very sorry, but um... I'm afraid we have... a sort of rule here, you see. We don't sell to people who aren't, um, fresh enough. Once you reach, say... Level 4... I should be able to help you. Maybe you could visit the lobby and play some, um... regular battles? That might help you level up..." - When a player below Level 4 enters the shop.
- " Oh... hello. So... Welcome to Cooler Heads. Feel free to, um, look around if you want. All the gear here has, you know, abilities and stuff... If you want to know more, you could press and look at the manual. If you're into that sort of thing... " - When a player at Level 4 or higher enters the shop for the first time.
- "You're looking pretty fresh these days. I'll see if I have any gear to suit you... - When entering the shop after reaching Level 5.
- " Oh, um...hello. You're kinda, sorta offline right now. I can't help you until you connect to the internet... " - When the player is offline.
- "Oh, um...hello."' - When the player enters the shop.
- "Y-you'll buy it...?" - When the player selects a piece of headgear.
- "Y-you'll equip it...?" - When the player purchases a piece of headgear.
- "Thanks, um, a lot! Y-you know you can tap Equip on to swap out your gear, right?" - After the player chooses whether to equip a new piece of headgear.
- "O-oh, I think you might already have that one..." - When the player tries to purchase headgear they already own.
- "Oh! Um, I'm so sorry, but... it looks like maybe you forgot your money at home... - When the player does not have enough Cash.
- "Oh... OH! Um, w-welcome to Cooler Heads and stuff... WOW! I, um... sorry. You... Y-you're just too fresh for words. Everyone's talking about you and, um, sorry..." - When a player at Level 20 or higher enters the shop for the first time.
Europe and Oceania (English)
- "Ahh... Hello."' - When the player enters the shop.
- "Y-You'll buy it...?" - When the player selects a piece of headgear.
- "Y-You'll equip it...?" - When the player purchases a piece of headgear.
- "Th...Thank you very much! Y...You know you can touch, um, equip on to equip your gear, right?" - After the player chooses whether to equip a new piece of headgear.
- "O...Oh, I think you might already have that one..." - When the player tries to purchase headgear they already own.
- "Ahhhh... I'm awfully sorry, but... It looks like you don't have quite enough money" - When the player does not have enough Cash.
- 「…ぁっ、ぃらっしゃいませぇ… …はわぁ！ すみません… ここのお店はぁ… ぁのぅ… すみません… イカしてないコには 売れない決まりで… ランク4になれば… ちょっとは イカしたコになれるかと… ロビーに行って、 ナワバリバトルを何回かすれば… ランクは 上がると思うんですぅ」
- (...Ah, w-welcome... ...Oh my! Sorry... This shop... Um... Sorry... We have a rule not to sell anything to unfresh kids... It seems you get level 4 and... You'll be little fresh... You'll get your level up as you play the Turf War several times... I think. ) - When a player below Level 4 enters the shop.
- 「…ぁっ、ぃらっしゃいませぇ おかしら堂に ようこそ… よかったら… 見て行ってくださぃ… それぞれのギアには バトルで効果を発揮する ギアパワーがついてるのでぇ… くわしくは、を押して 「？」説明書を 確認してください…」
- (...Ah, w-welcome to Cooler Heads... If you want... please take a look around... All of the gear comes with abilities that will help you in b-battle... Please press and tap 「？」 if you want to learn more...) - When a player at Level 4 or higher enters the store for the first time.
- (Are you going to buy it...?) - When the player selects a piece of clothing.
- (Are you going to e-equip it...?) - When the player purchases a piece of clothing.
- 「ぁりがとぅござぃましたぁあぁ〜 ギアを変えるのはぁの カスタマイズをタッチで、お願いしますぅ」
- (T-thank you very much~ T-to change your gear, touch "customize" on , p-please.) - After the player chooses whether to equip a new piece of clothing.
- 「…えっ、ぁ、すぃません、 おカネ 足りなぃぽいです…」
- (...Eh, ah, s-sorry, you don't seem to have enough money...) - When the player does not have enough Cash.
- Annie's name is a pun of the word "anemone," as it sounds like the "ane" in anemone. Moe completes the anemone of the name.
Annie's reaction to the player not having enough Cash.
Annie being thrown off-balance when the player switches to Cooler Heads.
Annie's icon on .
Names in other languages
|From アネモネ anemone.
||Actual name, resembling part of anémone.
||Combination of the names Anne and Mona, resembling Anemone.
||From anemone and Monica, a female name.
- ↑ Post from Japanese Splatoon Twitter.