Overtime(NA), or Extra Time (EU/OC), refers to a period right after the main timer reaches 0 in Ranked Battles, in which the losing team is given a final chance to win. Overtime will only trigger if the losing team is still in control of the key goal of the mode when the match's regular time is up. Each Ranked Mode has their own version of rules for this Overtime period.
In Splat Zones, Overtime will begin if the losing team (with a higher timer count) has full control of all zones. At this point, Overtime will end when:
- The losing team lowers their timer below the winning team's timer, thereby giving the losing team the victory.
- The losing team loses control of the/a splat zone, and cannot regain control within 15 seconds.
- The winning team retakes control of the Splat Zone.
- Note that on maps where there are two Splat Zones, the winning team only needs to control one of the two Splat Zones.
In Tower Control, Overtime will begin if the losing team currently has control of the tower. At this point, Overtime will end when:
- The losing team reaches a farther distance with the tower than the winning team, thereby giving the losing team the victory.
- The winning team regains control of the Tower.
- It should be noted that all the winning team needs to do to retake control of the tower is to have more of their team on the tower than the losing team, or have one of the winning team's players on the tower if none of the losing players are on it.
- The losing team loses control of the tower.
- This is marked by the indicator turning from the losing team's color to the neutral Ranked Battle symbol, and happens some seconds after the tower being empty.
Tower Control is considered to have the hardest Overtime for the losing team, as the control of the tower can be very quickly lost.
In Rainmaker, Overtime will begin when:
- The winning team loses control of the Rainmaker less than 15 seconds before end.
- The losing team has 10 seconds to pick up the Rainmaker after the winning team loses control of it.
- The losing team is in control of the Rainmaker.
Overtime will not begin when:
- The winning team is in control of the Rainmaker.
- The winning team loses control of the Rainmaker more than 15 seconds before end.
- The losing team was in control of the Rainmaker and loses control of it, less than 15 seconds before end.
- The Rainmaker has not been touched for the whole match (in this case, Random team will win).
Overtime will end when:
- The winning team gains control of the Rainmaker.
- The losing team loses control of the Rainmaker.
- The losing team carries the Rainmaker past the winning team's score, giving them the victory.
- The status of the Rainmaker's shield (popped or not) does not matter.
|This article or section needs more images!