Recon in Rainmaker mode
|Type||Practicing / Exploration single-player mode|
Recon is a single player mode that allows players to explore a stage of their choice, from the current rotation. It can be accessed from the Battle Lobby by pressing when selecting either the Regular Battle or Ranked Battle options.
This is useful to find new vantage points, turf, or just to try out a new map.
It functions exactly like the gamemode from which it was selected with a few exceptions:
- There is no one on the opposing team and you are the only member of your team.
- You cannot end a ranked mode early by meeting the knockout criteria.
- You can end any mode early through a pause menu, which itself is impossible in multiplayer.
- The 8 music themes that play in an online battle do not play.
- Since there is no music in recon mode, different sounds can be heard such as cars whizzing past in Blackbelly Skatepark or the sounds of jellyfish testing video games in Ancho-V Games. It is also easy to hear the sound from your weapon.
- In Saltspray Rig, the player will only start at the right side of the map.
- Due to the mode being single player, the player can explore the stage without any lag and have much smoother movement with their Inkling.
- If a player chooses Recon mode during a Splatfest, the stage will be able to be viewed at night; although this is no longer possible due to the lack of future Splatfest events.
Names in other languages
|This article or section needs more images!
|Modes in Splatoon|