||Hello, hello! What kind of weapon are you in the market for?
Sheldon (Japanese: ブキチ Bukichi) is a horseshoe crab who owns Ammo Knights, a weapons store in Inkopolis.
Sheldon has brown eyes and 'buck' teeth, and because he is a horseshoe crab, Sheldon's helmet is the shell of that species of crab. Sheldon wears a military jacket and military boots, as well as a red scarf and a red belt. Sheldon also has, what appears to be brass binoculars.
Personality and traits
Sheldon is a genuine military fanatic from a well-respected family who is fascinated with his weapons. He has developed nearsightedness due to staying up late every night tinkering with weapons and small parts, causing him to be rejected from the military for his extremely poor eyesight. Undaunted, he decided to start a business selling weapons out of his own home, and Booyah Base was eventually built on the same land upon which that home stood. However, it was not Sheldon but his grandfather, Ammoses Shellendorf, who owned the land.
Sheldon's version of DJ Lee Fish's song Lookin' Fresh is more distant, showing his separation from the others as a weapons dealer. It also has static and other sounds reminiscent of a military radio, as a reference to his obsession with the military.
Add EU/OC and JP quotes. edit
North America (English)
- "Hello, hel- Oh m, is that truly the only weapon in your possession? You'll need more than that if you want to be taken seriously around here! I'd offer to help... bit I'm not sure you could handle my firepower at lowly Level 1. No, I simply can't let you adopt any of my beautiful children until Level 2... at the very least! Go raise your level in some regular battles, and then come see me again, yes?" -Sheldon when you enter Ammo Knights at Level 1
- "Hello, hello! What kind of weapon are you in the market for?" - When a player enters the store
- "You're looking fairly fresh! Yes, I think you have what it takes to wield my WEAPON! Go on, give it a try!" - When a player gains a rank or when new weapons are added
- "And that's not all! You're also ready to wield the WEAPON!" - When more than one weapon is newly available
- "Buy this one?" - When a player selects a weapon
- "Equip it?" - When a player purchases a weapon
- "Thank you ! I know you'll give it a good home. Remember-tap Equip on to change weapons!" - After a player chooses whether to equip a new weapon
- "I admire your devotion, but you already have that weapon!" - When a player tries to buy a weapon they own
- "Hello, hel- Oh... I'm afraid you're offline right now. Come back when you're connected to the internet!" - When the player is offline.
- "Hmmm? Wait... Are those some of my Grandpappy's long-lost blueprints you have in your possession?! Where did you find them?! Let me see those! Quickly! With these blueprints and my slightly above-average intellect, I'll be able to expand my product line!" - When a player brings some blueprints to the shop
- "Whew...! Weapon creation: successful! If only Grandpappy were here to see his work come to life! But I still have to pay the rent here... You understand. As you know, I can't let anyone handle my wares without the proper level and, of course, payment." - After Sheldon makes a weapon from the blueprints
- "Let's see... at your current level, you can buy the WEAPON! Though it pains me to admit it, I couldn't reproduce the technology used in these blueprints... But I did manage to remodel a standard WEAPON so that it LOOKS like the gun in the pictures! Cool, eh?" - When the player is eligible to buy the reward from defeating the final boss in an Amiibo challenge
- Sheldon's name plays on the word shell: an ammunitions shell, and horseshoe crabs have large shells.
- Ammoses Shellendorf, Sheldon's grandfather (or Grandpappy as he calls him in the game), was part of the original Squidbeak Splatoon, led by Cap'n Cuttlefish.
Official artwork of Sheldon.
Sheldon's reaction to the player not having enough Cash.
Sheldon in his weapon shop, Ammo Knights.
Sheldon's icon on .
Names in other languages
|From buki (Japanese for arms)
||From arma (weapon) and armando, a male name.