|This article or section is a stub.
You can help the wiki by to it.
|Min. Splash Damage||38|
|Direct Hit Damage||76|
|Sub Weapon||Splat Bomb|
|Special Weapon||Bomb Rush|
The Sloshing Machine launches a small mortar-like glob that is trailed by a vortex of ink . The glob leaves a path of ink while it travels, and bursts on contact with a surface or an enemy Inkling.
The Sloshing Machine's splash damage allows it to fulfill roles similar to that of a blaster. More specifically, it is very similar to the Rapid Blaster with respect to splash damage, direct damage, range, and speed. Additionally, the heavy arc of the projectile makes the weapon ideal for dealing with enemies behind cover, or enemies atop a platform, like the Tower.
These capabilities, however, come at the cost of lower attack-speed and turf coverage when compared to more traditional sloshers.
|“||A compact washing machine that's been adapted for battle. The spinning action means that the area around the ink glob also gets a dose of ink.||”|
— In-Game Description
The Bomb Range Up ability allows players to throw Splat Bombs, Burst Bombs, Suction Bombs, Point Sensors, and Disruptors up to 50% farther. This ability encourages frequent use of the Shoshing Machine's sub weapon, the Splat Bomb, which will allow it to reach enemy squids from a safer distance.
Normally, the Sloshing Machine requires only one direct hit and one indirect hit to splat an Inkling. An enemy with three major Defense Ups, however, will require two direct hits to splat, or one direct hit and two indirect hits. It takes only one minor Damage Up to negate this. Additionally, a full set of Damage Up gear is capable of dealing 98.8 damage on direct hit to an Inkling with no Defense Up; this is usually enough to splat an enemy who has taken trace amounts of damage from allies or puddles.
- Though it covers less turf than other Sloshers, the vortex surrounding the primary projectile is deceptively large -- so large, in fact, that it may damage enemy Inklings where traditional Sloshers may not.
- The size of the contact burst may vary depending on how long the projectile has been active. An Inkling firing at the floor they're standing on will yield the maximum burst size, whereas an Inkling firing from a platform above will yield a smaller burst size.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- ▲ Movement speed while firing increased by about 11%
- The name is a portmanteau of "Slosher" and "washing machine."
Throwing Ink. (back)
Sloshing Machine is a pun derived from the verb to slosh and Washing Machine.
スクリュースロッシャー Sukuryū Surosshā is derived from Screw and the verb to slosh. Screw likely refers to the spinning motion of this weapon's projectile.
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Derramatic centrífugo||Centrifugal Derramatic|
|German||Trommel-Schwapper||Drum Slosher (referring to the drum of a washing machine)|
|Italian||Secchiostro centrifuga||Centrifuge Slosher|
|Weapons in Splatoon|