Splatoon Global Testfire
|Splatoon Global Testfire|
The application icon.
|Developer(s)||Nintendo EAD Group No. 2|
|Media||Digital Download (eShop)|
|Game Size||555 MB|
The Splatoon Global Testfire was a free Splatoon demo available on the Nintendo eShop. It allowed players to engage in free four-versus-four Turf War at scheduled times ahead of the release of the game. It was available for download before the scheduled times, but server connection was not possible beforehand. The application was made unavailable for download afterwards. It was eventually succeeded by the Splatoon Testfire demo.
The Splatoon Global Testfire briefly returned from August 21st to August 23rd for Wii U owners that had not yet purchased Splatoon. There is another global testfire for Splatoon 2 on Nintendo Switch on March 24, to 26, 2017.
During the Global Testfire, players were able to customize their Inklings and enter a tutorial area where they could pop balloons and get accustomed to the game's controls. They were then able to enter online matches of Turf War and use the Splattershot Jr., Splattershot, Splat Roller, and Splat Charger on both Saltspray Rig and Walleye Warehouse.
In order to ensure a sufficient number of players for the Testfire, Nintendo designated the following times to be used.
- Friday, May 8th 2015 8-9 PM PST
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 4-5 AM PST
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 12-1 PM PST
- Saturday, May 23rd 2015 3-4 PM PST (up to 5 PM PST due to connection errors for most of the original time)
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 4:00 BST
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 12:00 BST
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 20:00 BST
- The Global Testfire application does not create any save data.
- The option to pre-purchase the full game appears at the title screen, at the weapon selection screen, and after matches. Players who pre-purchased received special gear for the Testfire. This changed from the starting gear to Studio Headphones with Ink Recovery Up as their main ability (instead of Ink Saver), a special variant of the White Tee with a long sleeved shirt underneath and a large orange squid on the front and Red Hi-Horses. It did not carry over into the full game, however, since the Testfire did not create save files.
- When the servers were shut down, players online were given the message: "A communications error occurred." They were then taken back to the title screen. However, if they were in the practice area when the servers were shut down, they were not brought back to the title screen and could stay in the area as long as they wanted.
- The digital manual for the Global Testfire application is the full game's manual.
Names in other languages
Kansei Hirō Shishakai
|The Rollout Presentation and Testfire Ceremony. A pun of 試射 shisha, testfire and 試写会 shishakai, movie preview.|
- "Happy Monday, Squids! It’s come to our attention..." Live from Squid Research Station. 17 August 2015. Web. 17 August 2015.
- Whitehead, Thomas. "Splatoon Global Testfire Suffers Major Problems in Final Pre-Launch Session." nintendolife. Gamer Network, 23 May 2015. Web. 23 May 2015.