From Inkipedia, the Splatoon wiki
Promo image for Version 2.6.0
- Main article: Version history
It directly follows the Version 2.5.0 update.
- Arowana Mall: Placement of map elements have been changed to be the same as in Splat Zones except for the yellow grates between the top platforms.
- Moray Towers: Placement of map elements have been changed to be the same as in Splat Zones.
- In Ranked Battles:
- Team sorting used to be random, but will now take into consideration weapons equipped by players.
- It will now not be possible for the following ranks to be matched together:
- S+ and S
- S and A+
- A- and B+
- B- and C+
- This is due to changes in the time required to perform matchmaking, and is subject to change.
- Decreased the amount of Rank Points lost if teams are made uneven by a connection error, resulting in defeat.
- Ability Adjustments:
- Ink Saver (Main): The scaling has been changed to peak at 45% instead of 40%.
- Ink Saver (Sub): The scaling has been changed to peak at 35% instead of 25%.
- Ink Recovery Up: The scaling has been changed to peak at 82% instead of 67%.
- Special Duration Up:
- Opening Gambit: Instead of the previous speed boosts, the main abilities of the other 2 pieces of gear equipped will be boosted for the first 30 seconds of a battle.
- Last-Ditch Effort:
- In Ranked, if the other team's score reaches 30 or less, the effect will be applied regardless of its normal lifetime.
- In Ranked, it will also be applied during Overtime.
- Additionally, the ability will now decrease respawn time when active.
- Tenacity: When active, the special gauge will fill 20% faster than normal.
- Comeback: The ability will now also apply the effect of Special Charge Up.
- Haunt: The effects of Damage Up, Defense Up, and Run Speed Up will also be applied when the player with Haunt is marked by Point Sensor, Echolocator, or Haunt.
- After leaving the base, the effects will continue for 3.5 seconds.
- Additionally, the equipped weapons of opponents will be displayed over them.
- Bomb Sniffer:The splash damages of the Splat Bomb, Suction Bomb, Seeker, and Ink Mine what hurt less than 100% will be reduced by 40% (excludes Defense Up and Damage Up calculations), and Burst Bombs' damage will be reduced by 20%.
- The Vibe meter has been changed to a Splatfest Power meter.
- Splatfest Power will be decided when Splatfest starts, and is based on factors such as Rank.
- Splatfest Power will change based on the player's wins and loses of Splatfest matches.
- The player with the highest Splatfest Power in a team will gain slightly bigger amount of points.
- Players were previously matched up based on playstyle, but will now be matched up with players with similar Splatfest Power.
- More Splatfest Power will be gained after a match if the opposing team had the higher average Splatfest Power.
- Players in a team who chose "Continue" after a game will have the amount of consecutive games they have played displayed.
- Changed how the Killer Wail's aiming prediction is displayed.
- When Super Jumping, the effects of Comeback sometimes experienced a delay and activated too late.
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
Sheldon's Picks, the additional weapons set image