- How long the player's Zipcaster special lasts depends on how much ink is consumed; because of this, players may be advised to not use their main weapon.
A player using Zipcaster can reach unreachable inkable areas to give a bigger advantage to their team. In modes, like Turf War, Zipcaster can also divert the attention of nearby enemies to give teammates extra time. In Anarchy Battle modes like Tower Control, the Zipcaster can zipcast to the tower to take control of it. In Clam Blitz and Rainmaker the Zipcaster can zipcast to the other team's base to push them back, giving the Zipcaster's team a brief grace period of time.
Post version 2.0.0, the ink consumption when using the main weapon while Zipcaster is active is decreased by 67%.
The Zipcaster can be a good special in all game modes, depending on how the player uses the special. With Zipcaster the player can reach backliners forcing them to retreat. Specials that also do this, such as Inkjet and Kraken Royale should not be paired with the Zipcaster, due to their similar nature.
- The Zipcaster's recall point is marked, allowing it to be exploited, granted the player does not have certain abilities such as Drop Roller on, which allows the player to dodge attacks after super jumping.
- Chargers can catch Zipcasters in air depending on how far the Zipcaster is from the Charger.
- Forcing a player into the abyss, or other obstacles which normally splats a player ends the special early; returning the Zipcaster back to their recall point.
- Zipcasters are vulnerable throughout the entirety of their special.