Octocommanders are a type of Octarian enemy in Octo Canyon, the Octo Expansion, and Return of the Mammalians. They resemble Octosnipers but wear sunglasses and attack using a splatling rather than a charger.
Octocommanders look extremely similar to Octosnipers, but they wear a beret and a pair of aviators. They also have fat, purple lips. They are stationed on a platform with a propeller on the back, and the platform can rotate 360 degrees. Their splatling gun has six barrels and Octarian designs on the large cylindrical part. Like Octosnipers, they have small, stubby legs.
Octocommanders, like Octosnipers, are stationary, but instead of a charger, Octocommanders use a splatling that initially fires a few shots but rapidly increases its fire rate as it shoots. The splatling has a very high rate of fire when it is shooting at full speed, but the Octocommanders take a break each time they finish firing it to catch their breath, giving the player a chance to safely splat them.
- Octocommander Fortress (Mission #17)
- Propellerland (Mission #20)
- Underground Expressway (Mission #22)
- Platform Madhouse (Mission #25)
- Brute Rollup Station
- Phat Splatz Station
- Right Round Station
- Abracadabra Station
- Goose Station
- Da Bomb Station
- Hasta La Vista Station
- Ink 'n' Slide Station
- Iceman Station
- Can't Touch This Station
- All Eyez Station
- Ride with Me Station
- Radio Station
- Footloose Station
- Outrageous Station
- Peristalsis Phase
Return of the Mammalians
- After Alterna
- Doors, Doors, Doors! And More! (Doors)
- Twirling, Swirling, Whirling
- Switching Things Up
- Propellered to Greatness
- Splash the Block Party
- Charge Now, Splat Later
- Barriers! They've Got You Covered
- Zipping over the Neighborhood
- Making Waves with Splashdowns
- Learn to Reflect, and This One Is in the Bank
- Torture Tour
- Alterna Space Center: Entrance
- Alterna Space Center: Hangar
- Alterna Space Center: Lift
- The Spirit Lifter: Steerage
- Wait until the Octocommander is catching its breath, then use that time to strike.
- Hide behind a box or a barrier while the Octocommander is firing, making sure not to get caught in the splash.
- If the player is standing close enough to an Octocommander, its splatling will be unable to hit them.
- In the Neo Octostomp's boss battle, another Octarian wielding a splatling appears atop the Octostomp's jacket. However, it appears to be an Octotrooper, rather than an Octocommander.
A render of an Octocommander from Splatoon 2.
A Sanitized Octocommander.
Octocommander Fortress level icon.
Unofficial render of the Octocommander's game model from Splatoon 2 on The Models Resource.
Names in other languages
|From осьморянин os'moryanin ("octarian") and ОМОНовец OMONovets ("riot policeman")|
Zhāngyú zhǐhuī guān
|Korean||문어 커맨더||Octopus Commander|