When thrown, Toxic Mist surrounds a circular area in fog. Opponents caught in the fog move more slowly and gradually lose ink.
Players that stay in the fog for a long time are more severely affected. It takes about 8.33 seconds for Toxic Mist to deplete a full ink tank, even with the high-capacity ink tank that comes with the Splattershot Jr. The fog remains on the stage for about 5.13 seconds before dissipating. Prior to Version 5.2.0, players in a Baller were immune to Toxic Mist. Dualies that perform a dodge roll while they are in Toxic Mist use up 3.5 times the ink.
Sub Power Up increases throwing range and air travel velocity for Toxic Mist.
|“||This bottle contains the bodily fluids of a certain creature suspended in mist form.
The movement of any opponent who enters the mist will be slowed and their ink tank will slowly drain.
The longer the time spent in the mist, the stronger the effect.
Toxic Mist returns in Splatoon 3, functioning the same as it did previously.
|“||A bottle that sprays the fluid of a certain creature in mist form. Opponents caught in the mist move slower and their ink is slightly reduced. The longer an enemy is in the mist, the stronger the effect becomes.||”|
— In-game description
An Octoling tossing out Toxic Mist
For competitive tips about Toxic Mist
|View the strategy page.|
- In Splatoon 2, there are no rollers (including brushes), sloshers or brellas that have Toxic Mist as their sub weapon.
- In Splatoon 3, there are currently no rollers, chargers, brushes, dualies, brellas or splatanas with Toxic Mist as their sub weapon.
- According to the sub and special guide in Splatoon 2, the mist is "The bodily fluids of a certain creature". This creature is unknown but it might be poisonous.
- According to the poem of the Toxic Mist mem cake, the mist has a sickly sweet aroma.
- The Toxic Mist is created by Nouveau.
Names in other languages
|French||Brume toxique||Toxic Haze|
|Italian||Nebbia tossica||Toxic fog|
dú wù (Mandarin)
dú wù (Mandarin)
|Same as Japanese name|
- SplatoonJP Twitter
- "Splatoon 2 - Toxic Mist FULL ANALYSIS (properties + abilities)" by Tozo, applicable for Version 4.0.0
- Inkademy datamining channel