Even on a Wikipedia type of website I'm in aside from Wikia? Fairy27 here, and I had to make an account... Just because the manga AKA Coroika was a mess. May mainly be looking after the characters list. Except only as of October 14, 2022 did I come back after... Basically 4 years...
Regarding the Games
Ha, please don't judge me. I don't really have gaming consoles ever since a certain incident IRL happened, and I've been using emulators instead until I can get permission to buy, well, at least a Switch. Unfortunately, just a Switch won't be enough because online services are a thing and the Splatoon games do have online modes. It's just the stories otherwise.
But yes. This means I have never played a Splatoon game before, not even the first game. Despite this, I stick around for the franchise, initially because its gameplay was a childhood gameplay of mine, but I later sticked around for the lore. I still do. I might as well. I've already made a lot of Splatoon OCs, especially Second-Gen (Splatoon 2)!
...Third-Gen (Splatoon 3) OCs? *laughs in having only 1 majorly-made Third-Gen OC*
Notable Preferred Splatfest Choices
Despite never owning the games, I do like thinking about which topics of Splatfests I would have chosen had I did own the games.
Major Splatfests (Splatoon 1 and 2)
It is of note that I didn't start actively following the franchise until the announcement of Splatoon 2 in which I was mostly interested for a particular official green Inkling Boy with the Squidfin Hook Cans design. However, I did first discover Splatoon while the Callie vs. Marie Splatfest was going on. It is the only one from the first game that I was present in some way although I didn't stick through its end. I just resonated with Marie more, I guess?
- Callie vs. Marie - Marie (Back when this Splatfest was active, I was just... Confused. I simply liked Marie's smirks and sassiness at the time. Now that I know context, I'd still prefer Marie if I had to pick one. I just like both Squid Sisters, man.)
- Mayo vs. Ketchup - Mayo (It's just my taste! I like mayonnaise way better than ketchup!)
- Squid vs. Octopus (Splatoon 2) - Squid (Everything is painted gray, even IRL. Squids and octopi aren't exceptions. Not even in Splatoon. So, I just picked Squid anyway; I've grown to inklings more than octolings, I'm sorry.)
- Chaos vs. Order - Chaos (I may seem orderly, but I like a bit of chaos when I'm bored. Besides, I'd find Splatoon's future more fun if it's chaotic! And it did end up happening!)
Duration of Splatoon 3
- Rock vs. Paper vs. Scissors - Rock (There's no real winner in actual Rock vs. Paper vs. Scissors, but I do feel lazy at that mini-game sometimes. As a result, I tend to pick rock. I might be getting predictable IRL about it...!)
- Gear vs. Grub vs. Fun - Gear (With gear, you can have both grub and fun! Unfortunately, it's also why this Splatfest was... Not good...)
- Grass vs. Fire vs. Water - Grass (To be honest, my Pokemon starter choices are balanced so far. However, for second priorities, I definitely have Grass the most. Don't get me wrong, I also haven't played Pokemon Sword/Shield nor can I ever try Scarlet/Violet but it's hypothetical choices for Gens 8 and 9 for me! For reference of my mostly chosen priorities per generation of Pokemon starters below!)
- Gen 1 - Squirtle (Used to be Bulbasaur the first few Kanto playthroughs)
- Gen 2 - Chikorita
- Gen 3 - Torchic
- Gen 4 - Piplup
- Gen 5 - Snivy
- Gen 6 - Fennekin
- Gen 7 - Popplio
- Gen 8 - Grookey
- Gen 9 - Fuecoco (Subject to change)