A member of the Shooter class, this weapon distinguishes itself by outputting enough ink in each shot to splat opponents in two hits, while still having a decent rate of fire. The weapon's fire rate is lesser than the Splattershot Pro and greater than the .96 Gal. Its only major drawback is its poor accuracy; many shots deviate far enough to the left or right that they miss the target. The .52 Gal and its close relative the .96 Gal share their visual design and high-damage, low-accuracy performance.
The weapon is designed with a water cooler bottle as a base. A grip, sight, and high-caliber gun barrel are clamped to the bottle. The parts surrounding the bottle are black plastic with pink accents, while the bottle matches the player's ink color.
- ▼ Special gauge loss: 50% → up to 60%
A male Inkling firing the .52 Gal.
A prerelease screenshot with the original name and Special Weapon of the .52 Gal.
Art of a team of Inklings - the farthest is holding the .52 Gal.
A female Inkling brandishes the .52 Gal on the cover of the Splatoon Ikasu Artbook.
The .52 Gal returns in Splatoon 2, with an identical appearance but slightly changed performance. It comes with the Point Sensor and Baller. Each shot consumes 1.3% of the ink tank capacity, allowing for 76 shots to be fired per tank.
- ▼ Ink consumption: 1.2% → 1.3%
- ▼ Points to fill special gauge: 180 → 190
- ▲ Increased firing range by roughly 6% while not changing the range at which each shot deals more than 50 damage.
|View the quotation page.|
- The .52 Gal's name may be a reference to its base damage per shot of 52. The .96 Gal's damage per shot is not 96, however.
- The .52 Gal was originally called the "5.2 Gallon" came with the Inkstrike instead of the Killer Wail. This can be seen in an image from before Splatoon's release.
.52 Gal is short for .52 Gallon. "Gal" is also a play on Cal, short form of Caliber, a term commonly used when describing the diameter of bullets for fire-arms.
.52ガロン .52 Garon has the same origin as the English name, but without Gallon shortened to Gal.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||.52 Kaliter||From kaliber (caliber), liter, and .52|
|French||Calibre 2000||Caliber 2000|
|German||.52 Gallon||.52 Gallon|
|Italian||Calibro 2000||Caliber 2000|
|From строевой stroyevoy (drill), струя struya (jet, stream), -ик -ik (suffix usually denoting a profession, object, tool or a feature), and .52|
|Spanish||Salpicadora 2000||Splasher 2000|
|Weapons in Splatoon 2|