Version 3.0.0 (Splatoon 2)
- 1 New content
- 2 Fixes and adjustments
- 3 References
In order to unlock Callie, players must have done these things:
- Complete the final mission of Octo Canyon.
- Return to Octo Canyon and listen to Marie's dialogue with Agent 4 about locking the final boss in a snow globe and adding a TV.
- Exit Octo Canyon, and then return again.
Players who had already met those conditions before the update did not need to do anything to unlock Callie.
Player progression in Ranked Battle was enhanced with the addition of Rank X, replacing ranks S+10 through S+50. Players already ranked in S+10 through S+50 were automatically placed in Rank X. Rank X discards the rank meter in favor of X Power, a rating similar to Splatfest Power. Matchmaking is done based on X Power, so players will be fighting others with similar X Power rather than just anyone else who shares the rank. Monthly ranking lists will be published on SplatNet 2, featuring the players with the highest X Power. There will be a list for each of the four ranked modes that contains the top 500 players for the mode. An icon will show up above the player's name to show that they are in the Top 500. Another list will have the top player of each weapon. New lists will be made available on the final day of every month.
At the time of the monthly ranking announcements on SplatNet, X Power will reset to "Calculating" status in-game. The calculation period, lasting 10 matches, determines if the player is eligible to remain in X Rank. It is also possible to drop out of X Rank outside of calculation periods, if the player's X Power drops low enough.
Following the update, the Ranked Battle stage roster became limited to 8 possible stages per battle type, with the stages being refreshed with different sets upon the X Power reset time. League Battles and Turf War were unaffected by this change.
|Fictional band||Song name||Audio|
|Chirpy Chips||Blitz It!|
Four new weapons were added.
The stage Camp Triggerfish was added.
113 new pieces of gear were added.
26 headgear items were added.
53 clothing items were added.
34 pairs of shoes were added.
Fixes and adjustments
- When Splatfest results are revealed, team voting percentages and win percentages will now display to the hundredths digit after the decimal point.
- During solo Splatfest matches, if an ally disconnects, the player's Splatfest Power will not decrease when losing.
- When playing a match with fewer allies than the opposing team, the player's Vibe Meter will not change when they lose.
- Fixed an issue causing the ink tank display to mistakenly appear empty when in squid form and low on ink.
- Fixed an issue causing players to occasionally ascend sloped terrain faster than normal by facing the slope and pressing repeatedly while proceeding.
- Fixed an issue allowing players submerged in ink on a wall to be detected by the aiming reticle of opponents standing on the other side of the wall.
- Fixed an issue incorrectly extending the range of certain weapons when attacking just prior to landing during a Super Jump.
- Fixed an issue causing players to enter stage objects when the landing point of their super jump was surrounded by obstacles.
- Fixed an issue causing the landing or impact indicator to not display correctly when readying a sub weapon for use while facing a horizontal ceiling.
- Fixed an issue causing shots fired from blaster weapons not to ink certain walls.
- Fixed an issue causing shots fired from chargers by charging for a brief moment when changing from squid to kid form to not fire in the direction of the aiming reticle, and to disappear immediately instead.
- Fixed an issue causing shots from sloshers to incorrectly pass through certain pieces of stage terrain and ink the ground just beyond that terrain.
- Fixed an issue causing the hit animation of a Sloshing Machine's shots to not display in the correct location when the spiral portion of the shot hit placed objects like Splash Walls directly.
- Fixed an issue causing an unnecessary hit animation to display when a Curling Bomb slid across a sponge.
- Fixed an issue causing sponges not to change size when hit with a Curling Bomb on a particular side.
- Fixed an issue making it difficult to place Ink Mines on top of the tower in Tower Control.
- When attacking a player performing a Splashdown special just prior to their descent, the condition of the attacking player's internet connection determined whether or not damage would be dealt. Damage will now always be dealt correctly regardless of connection condition.
- Due to this change, the situation will no longer occur in which damage is dealt regardless of whether or not the attacked player appears to take damage or not just prior to starting their descent when performing a Splashdown special.
- Fixed an issue causing players using brush weapons who performed an attack while simultaneously activating a Splashdown special during a Super Jump to not perform the Splashdown.
- Fixed an issue where if a shot from an Inkjet appears to be a direct hit only to the target, the splash damage from the shot will not register.
- Fixed an issue causing a Sting Ray's firing animation to continue to display on the screens of other players when getting on an Inkrail while using the Sting Ray.
- Fixed an issue causing an Ink Storm's raining animation not to display in the correct location when swimming through its area of effect.
- Climbing surfaces with the Baller where inkable walls connect to non-inkable walls will now be easier.
- Fixed an issue causing Respawn Punisher to not take effect when defeated by an enemy with that gear ability while the player also had Respawn Punisher equipped.
- Changed the effect of Respawn Punisher so that when a player has it equipped, allies splatted by the explosion from the Rainmaker after its time limit runs out will not suffer its effects.
- When an opponent who splats the player is using the Respawn Punisher or Haunt and the effects of those gear abilities is activated, that activation will stand out clearly on the screen while waiting to respawn.
- Fixed an issue in Tower Control matches causing players caught between a stage terrain feature and the metal grating portion of the tower's platform to be pushed inside the stage feature.
- Fixed an issue in Rainmaker matches causing the explosion animation from the Rainmaker's shots to appear after the actual explosion when its shots hit a Splash Wall or expanded brella.
- Fixed an issue in Clam Blitz causing the barrier to be destroyed at the same time the goal descended when Power Clams landed on top of the goal in its raised position.
- Fixed an issue in Clam Blitz matches causing clams tossed by other players not to be picked up when touched when the player's internet connection quality is poor.
- Fixed an issue in Clam Blitz matches allowing players to remain on the cover in the upper part of the goal.
- Fixed an issue in Starfish Mainstage where placement of obstacles could be slightly off causing slight asymmetry between the two sides of the map.
- Fixed an issue in Sturgeon Shipyard causing bubbles from the Bubble Blower that explode beneath the central bridge to mistakenly ink the walkway on the bridge.
- Fixed an issue in Sturgeon Shipyard causing the surfaces of the drawbridge to not count on the turf map when inked at a specific time while in motion by bombs or other objects.
- Fixed an issue in Manta Maria during Rainmaker matches allowing players to make their way deep into enemy turf from above the goal.
- Fixed an issue in Blackbelly Skatepark during Rainmaker matches allowing players to make their way deep into enemy turf by making the side of a crate in a player's turf uninkable, then making use of the side of the crate.
- Fixed an issue in Blackbelly Skatepark during Rainmaker matches allowing players to make their way deep into enemy turf from above the goal.
- Fixed an issue in Piranha Pit allowing players to make their way deep into enemy turf by using slightly sloped surfaces and the corner of certain stage features.
- Fixed an issue in Piranha Pit causing the ripples created by moving through ink while swimming on conveyor belts to appear in the wrong location.
- Fixed an issue in Piranha Pit allowing players to move inside certain stage features from specific corners on those stage features.
- Fixed an issue in Piranha Pit causing Splash Walls and Sprinklers to break immediately when placed at the base of a conveyor belt.
- Fixed an issue in Piranha Pit causing Splash Walls and Sprinklers placed on specific conveyor belts to break when they reached the end of the belt.
- Fixed an issue in Piranha Pit during Tower Control matches allowing players to jump off the tower in the area of the 3rd checkpoint, reach an Inkrail, and make their way deep into enemy turf.
Specifications for some of the main weapons have been changed.
| .96 Gal
.96 Gal Deco
| Luna Blaster
Luna Blaster Neo
| L-3 Nozzlenose
L-3 Nozzlenose D
| Dynamo Roller
Gold Dynamo Roller
| Flingza Roller
Foil Flingza Roller
| Splat Charger
Firefin Splat Charger
Hero Charger Replica
| E-liter 4K
Custom E-liter 4K
| E-liter 4K Scope
Custom E-liter 4K Scope
|Bamboozler 14 Mk I||
| Goo Tuber
Custom Goo Tuber
| Splat Brella
Specifications for some of the sub weapons have been changed.
Specifications for some of the special weapons have been changed.
Specifications for some of the abilities have been changed.
|Ink Recovery Up||
|Ink Resistance Up||
Points required to fill the special gauge for some weapons have been changed.
|Luna Blaster Neo||▲ 180 → 170|
|Clash Blaster Neo||▲ 180 → 170|
|Zink Mini Splatling||▲ 200 → 190|
Hero Blaster Replica
|▼ 170 → 190|
|Slosher Deco||▼ 200 → 220|
| Heavy Splatling
Hero Splatling Replica
|▼ 180 → 200|
- Added 5 weapons to the list of weapons available to choose from when playing Salmon Run at The Shoal.
- Fixed an issue causing players to rarely move inside the stage object when in contact with the egg basket while it contained Golden Eggs.
- Fixed an issue causing damage indicators to not appear or damage to be registered by attacking a Steel Eel's weak point when multiple Steel Eels gathered in the same location.
- Fixed an issue causing players to rarely be unable to pick up any more Golden Eggs when multiple players tried to pick up the same Golden Egg and a player disconnected from the match.
- Fixed an issue preventing players from rescuing downed friend (in life preserver form) even when hitting them directly with a Splat Bomb when the internet connection quality is poor.
- Fixed an issue in Private Battles when a player is using spectator mode, causing a sound effect to play in the middle of the stage as if the player were submerging themselves in ink.
- Fixed an issue causing the hit indicators for the Sting Ray to not display correctly when switching between the perspective of a player using the Sting Ray and other perspectives.
- When a player has reached X Rank in the Ranked Battle mode they are currently playing pressing in the and sticks at the same time while in the lobby will cause the player to strike a special pose.
- Fixed an issue in the Style tab of the Equip menu screen where the order of hairstyles for Girl characters differed from the order in which they were displayed in Player Settings.
- The 999,999p limit for Turf Inked by weapon was removed.
- @SplatoonJP announcing the release notes for version 3.0.0
- Trailer for version 3.0.0 and Octo Expansion.
- The full Nintendo Direct 3.8.2018.
- Squid Research Lab revealing details about Rank X
- @SplatoonJP announcing the return of Chirpy Chips a.k.a. ABXY
- SplatoonUS Tumblr introducing Blitz It
- SplatoonUS Tumblr introducing Wave Prism