All That 8-Ball Station
All That 8-Ball Station is a mission in the Octo Expansion.
Armed with an E-liter 4K Scope, E-liter 4K, or Splat Charger, the player is launched onto a platform surrounding a large pool table. The pool table has various blocks scattered throughout and two ramps. The goal is to use the three 8-Balls and destroy the seven 8-Ball switches by essentially playing a game of billiards. However, the player cannot refill their ink tank by submerging into the ink, and if they run out of ink, they lose. There is an ink tank reserve in the level to refill Agent 8's ink tank once.
C.Q. Cumber's Quotes
|“||Please use the 8-balls to turn on the seven switches.||”|
|“||If you run out of ink, it's game over.||”|
|“||And of course, losing one of the 8-balls means failure as well.||”|
|“||On the bright side, there'll be one ink refiller available for you to use - do so wisely.||”|
|“||Lastly, keep in mind that you can cancel a charge by diving into your ink.||”|
|“||You ran out of ink - test failed.||”|
|“||You let an 8-ball fall - test failed.||”|
Cap'n Cuttlefish's Quotes
|“||Think carefully about where the ball is going to end up, and aim each shot precisely!||”|
|“||It might be helpful to bounce the 8-balls off the walls!||”|
|“||Turn on seven switches... With limited ink? Is that even possible?!||”|
- The title is a reference to the 1979 film All That Jazz and the subtitle is one of the possible results on a Magic 8-Ball.
- The Japanese title is a pun on "Torendī" (trendy). It was a Japanese buzzword in the eighties.
- This station has "Disney character slide movies" and the capsules they are stored in floating around in the background. The former are toys that were given with Happy Meals at McDonald's and featured images of movies like Beauty and the Beast, Pocahontas, and Aladdin.
Names in other languages
Add/complete French (NoA), Italian, Russian and Spanish (NoA and NoE) translations
ボールスイッチを 7つ ONにしろ！
Eitobōru no atarashii asobikata ga
Toren Dei Eki[note 1]
Bōru suitchi o nanatsu ON ni shiro!
|The new playing way of 8-Ball is...|
Toren Dei Station
Turn on the 7 ball switches!
|Dutch||Wie kaatst, kan...
De bal kwijtraken
Zet de zeven balschakelaars aan!
|Who bounces, can...[note 2]|
Lose the ball
Turn the seven ball switches on!
|French (NOE)||Tente un coup à trois bandes !
Active les sept interrupteurs à bille !
|Attempt a three-cushion carom !|
Activate the seven ball switches!
|German||Wie gemacht für Achterkugeln!
Triff alle sieben Kugelschalter!
|Like it was made for 8-balls!|
Hit all seven ball switches!
- 出井 "Dei" is a common place name.
- From "Wie kaatst, kan de bal terug verwachten", a Dutch idiom meaning "what goes around comes around" (lit.: Who bounces, can expect the ball back).
Octo Expansion Stations