Blaster (weapon class)
- For the main weapon with the same name, see Blaster.
Blasters are one of the main weapon types in the Splatoon series. Blasters are fully-automatic guns that fire large globs of ink that travel forward and conclude their path with an explosion, with typically lower rate of fire than traditional shooters to compensate.
While blaster weapons have been in the Splatoon series since the first game, games prior to Splatoon 3 classified them as shooter weapons as they share some technical characteristics with traditional shooters. Since Splatoon 3, blasters are classified separate from traditional shooters.
List of blasters
Note: The series are arranged by the order of their respective Tableturf Battle cards.
|A high-damage, close-range blaster with a middling rate of fire.||Luna Blaster||✓||✓||✓|
|Luna Blaster Neo||✓||✓||✓|
|Kensa Luna Blaster||✓|
|A high-damage, close-range blaster with a slow rate of fire.||Blaster||✓||✓||✓|
|Hero Blaster Replica||✓|
|A high-damage, mid-range blaster with a slow rate of fire.||Range Blaster||✓||✓||✓|
|Custom Range Blaster||✓||✓|
|Grim Range Blaster||✓||✓|
|A low-damage, close-range blaster with a fast rate of fire.||Clash Blaster||✓||✓|
|Clash Blaster Neo||✓||✓|
|A mid-damage, long-range blaster with a fast rate of fire.||Rapid Blaster||✓||✓||✓|
|Rapid Blaster Deco||✓||✓||✓|
|Kensa Rapid Blaster||✓|
Rapid Blaster Pro
|A mid-damage, long-range blaster with a middling rate of fire.||Rapid Blaster Pro||✓||✓||✓|
|Rapid Blaster Pro Deco||✓||✓||✓|
|A blaster with long-range on the ground and short range while jumping.||S-BLAST '92||✓|
|Custom Blaster||211||Point Sensor||Bubbler||Medium||17||10600||Shooter|
|Custom Range Blaster||221||Splat Bomb||Kraken||Light||17||10800||Shooter|
|Grim Range Blaster||222||Burst Bomb||Killer Wail||Light||20||14000||Shooter|
|Luna Blaster||200||Ink Mine||Inkzooka||Light||11||7700||Shooter|
|Luna Blaster Neo||201||Splat Bomb||Bomb Rush||Heavy||15||8700||Shooter|
|Range Blaster||220||Splash Wall||Inkstrike||Light||14||8000||Shooter|
|Rapid Blaster||230||Ink Mine||Bubbler||Light||14||9600||Shooter|
|Rapid Blaster Deco||231||Suction Bomb||Bomb Rush||Light||19||14800||Shooter|
|Rapid Blaster Pro||240||Seeker||Inkzooka||Light||16||11200||Shooter|
|Rapid Blaster Pro Deco||241||Disruptor||Killer Wail||Light||20||18200||Shooter|
|Clash Blaster||230||Splat Bomb||Trizooka||180p||22||1||Blaster|
|Clash Blaster Neo||231||Curling Bomb||Super Chump||180p||25||1||Blaster|
|Luna Blaster||200||Splat Bomb||Zipcaster||180p||13||1||Blaster|
|Luna Blaster Neo||201||Fizzy Bomb||Ultra Stamp||180p||24||1||Blaster|
|Range Blaster||220||Suction Bomb||Wave Breaker||200p||11||1||Blaster|
|Rapid Blaster||240||Ink Mine||Triple Inkstrike||200p||7||1||Blaster|
|Rapid Blaster Deco||241||Torpedo||Inkjet||210p||10||1||Blaster|
|Rapid Blaster Pro||250||Toxic Mist||Ink Vac||180p||26||1||Blaster|
|Rapid Blaster Pro Deco||251||Angle Shooter||Killer Wail 5.1||180p||29||1||Blaster|
- Inkling Girl: Jumps while waving her arms, then thrusts the weapon out.
- Inkling Boy: Jumps while swinging his weapon, does a fist pump with both his arms, then throws the weapon in the air, making it spin, catches it with the other hand and holds it across the chest.
- Inkling Girl: Puts her hands above her head before falling on her knees in despair, and starts hitting the floor with the hand that holds the weapon while crying.
- Inkling Boy: Same as Inkling girl.
Spawning in before match starts:
- Both Inklings and Octolings point their weapon down at a 45-degree angle after shaking off their excess ink.
- Inkling Girl: Jumps up and down twice joyfully, then spins around and strikes a pose while holding the weapon upwards.
- Inkling Boy: Jumps up and thrusts his left fist forward before raising it over his chest while holding his weapon downward.
- Octoling Girl: Winces happily before twirling her weapon and ending it pointing upwards at an angle, and she strikes a pose by having her left hand on her hip.
- Octoling Boy: Similar to the Octoling Girl's but stands up straight with a proud expression.
- Inkling Girl: Stamps her feet on the ground, disappointed.
- Inkling Boy: Sits down on the ground and holds his head in frustration.
- Octoling Girl: Falls down to the ground, dropping her weapon in front of her, then turns her head away in anger.
- Octoling Boy: Similar to the Inkling Boy's but lays his weapon behind him and puts his right arm on his right knee.
- All styles and species: Throws their weapon above before catching it and pointing it down.
- Flip Out: Throws the weapon into the air, flips backwards along the ground, then catches it, turns backwards, and poses with it in their arms.
- Reppin' Inkopolis: The player jumps for joy three times, then points their weapon into the air with a smile.
|“||Squid Research Lab Ballistics Team here with a report on blaster-type weapons. As the name implies, blasters eject ink that explodes at a distance. This allows for advanced tactics such as "totally splatting campers who are hiding behind walls." We'll workshop a name for that.||”|
— @SplatoonNA on Twitter
- Blasters have the same winning and losing animations as Shooters since they are categorized under the same class in this game.
- The Blaster and the Rapid Blaster Pro Deco are the only non-shooter class weapons that share the same sub and special kit: Disruptor and Killer Wail.
- This set is also shared with the L-3 Nozzlenose.
- When sorting by type, Blasters are grouped between automatic and burst-fire shooters.
- Selecting any Blaster and sorting by type would always make the next weapon the Sploosh-o-matic, before continuing with the internal order of the shooters.
- Blasters having their own category when sorting weapons in the selection screen makes this their first time as a standalone class.
- They have their own winning and emote animations separate from traditional shooters making this the first game with their own animations.
The Custom Blaster.
The Range Blaster.
The Custom Range Blaster.
The Grim Range Blaster.
The Rapid Blaster.
The Rapid Blaster Deco.
The Rapid Blaster Pro.
The Luna Blaster.
The Luna Blaster Neo.
Promo renders for Splatoon 2
Promo renders for Splatoon 3
Tableturf Battle cards for Splatoon 3
Names in other languages
bàopò qiāng (Mandarin)
bàopò qiāng (Mandarin)