Blaster (weapon class)
Blasters are one of the main weapon classifications, introduced as an independent weapon class in Splatoon 3. In the previous titles of the Splatoon series, Blasters were part of the Shooter class, with which they share some technical characteristics.
Unlike Shooters, Blasters are capable of firing large globs of ink that travel forward and conclude their path with an explosion. Since this characteristic makes Blasters generally more powerful than most Shooters, their rate of fire is much slower than the latter class' one; this class still has a fully-automatic shooting mode, just like classic Shooters.
List of blasters
|A high-damage, close-range blaster with a middling rate of fire.||Luna Blaster||✓||✓||✓|
|Luna Blaster Neo||✓||✓|
|Kensa Luna Blaster||✓|
|A high-damage, close-range blaster with a slow rate of fire.||Blaster||✓||✓||✓|
|Hero Blaster Replica||✓|
|A high-damage, mid-range blaster with a slow rate of fire.||Range Blaster||✓||✓||✓|
|Custom Range Blaster||✓||✓|
|Grim Range Blaster||✓||✓|
|A low-damage, close-range blaster with a fast rate of fire.||Clash Blaster||✓||✓|
|Clash Blaster Neo||✓|
|A mid-damage, long-range blaster with a fast rate of fire.||Rapid Blaster||✓||✓||✓|
|Rapid Blaster Deco||✓||✓|
|Kensa Rapid Blaster||✓|
Rapid Blaster Pro
|A mid-damage, long-range blaster with a middling rate of fire.||Rapid Blaster Pro||✓||✓||✓|
|Rapid Blaster Pro Deco||✓||✓|
Add Ammo Knights animations
- Inkling Girl: Jumps while waving her arms, then thrusts the weapon out.
- Inkling Boy: Jumps while swinging his weapon, does a fist pump with both his arms, then throws the weapon in the air, making it spin, catches it with the other hand and holds it across the chest.
- Inkling Girl: Puts her hands above her head before falling on her knees in despair, and starts hitting the floor with the hand that holds the weapon while crying.
- Inkling Boy: Same as Inkling girl.
Spawning in before match starts:
- Both Inklings and Octolings point their weapon down at a 45-degree angle after shaking off their excess ink.
- Inkling Girl: Jumps up and down twice joyfully, then spins around and strikes a pose while holding the weapon upwards.
- Inkling Boy: Jumps up and thrusts his left fist forward before raising it over his chest while holding his weapon downward.
- Octoling Girl: Winces happily before twirling her weapon and ending it pointing upwards at an angle, and she strikes a pose by having her left hand on her hip.
- Octoling Boy: Similar to the Octoling Girl's but stands up straight with a proud expression.
- Inkling Girl: Stamps her feet on the ground, disappointed.
- Inkling Boy: Sits down on the ground and holds his head in frustration.
- Octoling Girl: Falls down to the ground, dropping her weapon in front of her, then turns her head away in anger.
- Octoling Boy: Similar to the Inkling Boy's but lays his weapon behind him and puts his right arm on his right knee.
Spawner Drone pose:
- All styles and species: Throws their weapon above before catching it and pointing it down.
Victory (Emote: Flip Out):
- All styles and species: Spins their weapon in the air before backflipping and catching it, then turning around and smiling.
|“||Squid Research Lab Ballistics Team here with a report on blaster-type weapons. As the name implies, blasters eject ink that explodes at a distance. This allows for advanced tactics such as "totally splatting campers who are hiding behind walls." We'll workshop a name for that.||”|
— @SplatoonNA on Twitter
- Blasters have the same winning and losing animations as Shooters since they are categorized under the same class in this game.
- When sorting by type, Blasters are grouped between automatic and burst-fire shooters.
- Selecting any Blaster and sorting by type would always make the next weapon the Sploosh-o-matic, before continuing with the internal order of the shooters.
- Blasters having their own category when sorting weapons in the selection screen makes this their first time as a standalone class.
- They have their own winning and emote animations separate from Shooters making this the first game with their own animations.
- The Range Blaster underwent massive model changes in between Splatoon 2 and 3; now the end of the barrel takes a much bigger, slightly rounder shape.
The Custom Blaster.
The Range Blaster.
The Custom Range Blaster.
The Grim Range Blaster.
The Rapid Blaster.
The Rapid Blaster Deco.
The Rapid Blaster Pro.
The Luna Blaster.
The Luna Blaster Neo.
Promo renders for Splatoon 2
Promo renders for Splatoon 3
Names in other languages