Blobby Octotroopers are a type of Octarian enemy and a variant of the Octotrooper that appears in Octo Canyon, the Octo Expansion, and Return of the Mammalians. Although this variant is only referred to generically as an Octotrooper in-game, the Blobby Octotrooper is named as such within the files of Splatoon 2.
Blobby Octotroopers are variants of Octotroopers. They are identical in appearance to regular Octotroopers but ride a differently designed vehicle with red ends, glass sides that reveal several pre-made balls of ink inside the machine, and curved sides, resembling a gumball machine. Instead of the standard Octotrooper attack of firing a single glob of ink that floats through the air, Blobby Octotroopers fire two globs of ink in quick succession that bounce across the ground, making them dangerous in open stretches of ground but harmless if across a gap.
Sanitized Blobby Octotroopers ride a differently designed vehicle to the regular version. This vehicle has blue edges and yellow opaque plastic sides with grooves.
Blobby Octotroopers are Octarians standing on a vehicle consisting of a metal base with a single joystick with a green ball on the top on the metal base and metal handles on either side. Curved glass is visible around the middle with ink balls inside. A hose-like device protrudes from the front of the glass with a megaphone-like nozzle on the end.
Sanitized Blobby Octotroopers are Octarians standing on a vehicle consisting of a metal base with a single joystick with an orange ball on top on the metal base and metal handles on either side. The sides of the vehicle resemble a pool toy with the very top and very bottom section colored blue and the middle sections colored yellow.
- Return of the Octarians (Mission #1)
- Welcome to Octopia (Mission #2)
- The Octopark (Mission #5)
- Back-Alley Cleanup (Mission #7)
- Spinning Campground (Mission #8)
- Octoseeker Shakedown (Mission #10)
- The Floating Garden (Mission #11)
- Octo-Resort Spring (Mission #12)
- Dancing Floors (Mission #13)
- Parking Garage (Mission #14)
- Octocommander Fortress (Mission #17)
- Towering Heights (Mission #18)
- The Experimentorium (Mission #19)
- Propellerland (Mission #20)
- Underground Expressway (Mission #22)
- The Octogalaxy (Mission #23)
- Transfer Junction (Mission #24)
- Wassup 8-Ball Station
- Ink 'n' Slide Station
- Spin Docto Station
- Move It Move It Station
- Abracadabra Station
Return of the Mammalians
- Octarians in the Crater? YIKES!
- Sink into the Ink and SWIM!
- After Alterna
- Splat You on the Flip Side
- Zip, Splat and Jump
- Absorbency and You
- Tread Heavily
- The Ink-Conservation Project
- Switching Things Up
- Ink Wheels—Experience Tomorrow's Technology Today!
- Uh-Oh! Too Many Snipers!
- That Sinking Feeling
- Alterna Space Center: Entrance
- Alterna Space Center: Hangar
- The Spirit Lifter: Steerage
Names in other languages
Tako toruupaa bonbon
|Octopus trooper bonbon|
|French||Tentassins||Tenta (tentacule) + ssin (fantassins)|