Bomb Rush temporarily allows the player to make use of their sub weapon with no ink requirement, allowing it to be thrown or placed as fast as is allowed by that particular sub weapon. This speed varies, with Burst Bombs being thrown more quickly than Suction Bombs.
Bomb Rush can be used with:
Players using Bomb Rush can still attack normally with their main weapon.
- It is possible to continue bomb-throwing even after Bomb Rush has expired, but this will deplete your ink tank. Since secondary weapons consume large amounts of ink, you should pay extra attention to the status of Bomb Rush to avoid accidental depletion.
- The special meter will deplete for the duration of Bomb Rush.
- An Inkling's hair will glow and flutter while Bomb Rush is ready, and while Bomb Rush is active. This effect will cease once Bomb Rush has ended.
- The allowed number of bomb throws depends on the amount of Special Duration Up, and on the type of bomb. An Inkling with no Special Duration Up may throw up to 10 Seekers, 11 Suction Bombs, 11 Splat Bombs, or 16 Burst Bombs before Bomb Rush expires. This count can be used to loosely estimate how much time is left on Bomb Rush.
- Splat and Suction Bomb Rushes can be great for defending or retaking a Splat Zone, as they deal high damage and cover lots of ground. As of Version 2.7.0, Seeker and Burst Bomb Rushes cover significant amounts of turf as well, although Burst Bombs deal less damage and Seekers need to be launched carefully to achieve maximum coverage (especially if they are "distracted" by enemy Inklings).
- When using a Burst Bomb Rush, keep in mind that there is reduced lag to throwing Burst Bombs in rapid succession.
Bomb Rush with Splat Bombs icon
Bomb Rush with Burst Bombs icon
Bomb Rush with Suction Bombs icon
Bomb Rush with Seekers icon
In Splatoon 2, as explained in Sunken Scroll 11, no Special Weapons from the first game return. The role of the Bomb Rush was indirectly replaced by the Bomb Launcher, in that they both fire a barrage of Sub weapons, however the Bomb Launcher fires the weapons further and with greater accuracy, and is not dependent on the player's Sub weapon.
During the final battle of the single player, Callie uses a Bomb Rush to attack Agent 4, although now with oversized golden Suction Bombs. She does this whilst performing a remix of Bomb Rush Blush, a song presumably about the Bomb Rush Special.
|View the quotation page.|
- Bomb Rush can be used in Octo Valley via Canned Specials. It has the same effect as in multiplayer and can be used with any of the three available Sub Weapons. However, the icons and bombs look different.
- Splatoon is capable of using other Sub Weapons for Bomb Rush, as demonstrated by NWPlayer123 with Disruptor Bomb Rush.
Names in other languages
|German||Bombenhagel||hail of bombs|
|Italian||Moltiplicabombe||From moltiplica (multiply) and bomb.|