Rollers are one of the five main weapon classifications in Splatoon. The Roller easily spreads ink over a wide area around the user, making it an ideal weapon for inking on the go. For most rollers, running into enemies will instantly splat them, changing the splat cam message from "splatted" to "squished". For attacking enemies out of melee range, rollers also have a mid-range ink-flinging attack.
List of rollers
|A light and mobile roller. Users can push it along the ground at a fast pace thanks to its lightweight design. It has an extremely fast flick that can splat opponents in one hit. However, it is lacking in range, and it is unable to crush opponents in one hit.||Carbon Roller||✓||✓|
|Carbon Roller Deco||✓||✓|
|The standard roller. It has decent range and mobility.||Splat Roller||✓||✓|
|Krak-On Splat Roller||✓||✓|
|CoroCoro Splat Roller||✓|
|Hero Roller Replica||✓||✓|
|Kensa Splat Roller||✓|
|A heavy roller. It can throw ink farther than all the other rollers, but it impairs mobility and takes a while to wind up before every flick.||Dynamo Roller||✓||✓|
|Gold Dynamo Roller||✓||✓|
|Tempered Dynamo Roller||✓|
|Kensa Dynamo Roller||✓|
|A roller that changes shape when performing a vertical swing. It moves and flings horizontally in a manner similar to the Carbon Roller, while its vertical swings are slow and heavy like a Dynamo Roller.||Flingza Roller||✓|
|Foil Flingza Roller||✓|
|A fast but short-ranged brush. When pushed along the ground, the user moves at extremely high speed, and leaves behind a narrow trail of ink. Damage is low, as the user needs to land four globs of ink to splat an opponent.||Inkbrush||✓||✓|
|A slower brush with decent range. Movement speed while pushing it along the ground is a bit slower compared to the Inkbrush. Only three hits are needed to splat an opponent.||Octobrush||✓||✓|
- Ink flung from any roller will glow before it lands. This is often difficult to see, however, due to bright lighting in some areas and the small amount of time for which the ink is in the air.
- There are no rollers with Point Sensor ,Toxic Mist, or Disruptor as their sub weapon.
- In the corner of the Shooting Range are some parts for a roller, most likely a Splat Roller.
- Because rollers are big, parts of them will sometimes go through walls as it is being pushed.
- Rollers are not affected by Run Speed Up.
- All rollers in the Octobrush series and the Inkbrush series as well as the Coro Coro Splat Roller are the only Roller class weapons that have not gotten nerfed as of January 2019
The Splat Roller.
The Krak-On Splat Roller.
The Hero Roller Replica.
The Dynamo Roller.
The Gold Dynamo Roller.
The Carbon Roller.
The Carbon Roller Deco.
The Inkbrush Nouveau.
The Permanent Inkbrush.
The Octobrush Nouveau.
A pre-release image of Inklings at Camp Triggerfish, showing that rollers were originally held differently when not in use.
Some roller parts in the Shooting Range.
Inkling Boy with a roller from Splatoon 2
Promo renders for Splatoon 2
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Roller||Same as English|
|German||Roller||Same as English|