The CQ-80 can be used while standing in the Deepsea Metro by pressing . Doing this opens a menu where the player can select missions, view currently collected mem cakes, view chat logs from Marina's chat room, and change their in-game appearance. The player can also return to Inkopolis from here by pressing .
Deepsea Metro Map
The first page allows players to view currently accessible lines and missions. Pressing or makes the map zoom in on the currently selected station, while also displaying information about said station, such as the name of the stations and the weapons available if the station contains a mission.
- Main article: Mem cake
The second page allows the player to view all collected mem cakes. Pressing will let the player take a closer look at the mem cake and read a small poem about it. While looking at a mem cake, the player can rotate the camera with and zoom in and out with .
- Main article: Marina's chat room
The third page allows the player to view chat logs sent by Marina. These include conversations between Pearl, Marina, and Cap'n Cuttlefish. New chat logs are sent after Agent 8 completes certain numbers of missions; Marina will tell them when new logs are available.
The fourth and last page contains a single option that allows the player to change Agent 8's appearance.
The missions within the subway system each cost a certain amount of CQ Points to enter. CQ Points are obtained through C.Q. Cumber, by completing subway missions, by collecting Power Eggs, or by borrowing a loan from Pearl if the player runs out of Points. CQ Points are stored within the CQ Card.
- The "CQ" part of the name may be a reference to the CQ call, a code used by radio operators, as well as a reference to C.Q. Cumber. The "80" part may be a reference to the number of missions in the Octo Expansion and stations in the Deepsea Metro, being 80.
- When using the CQ-80, Agent 8 moves their thumb on the control stick to reflect the player's inputs and also moves their head according to the placement of the cursor.
- An employee model CQ-80 can be found lying on the ground beside the café near the entrance to the Deepsea Metro, along with two CQ cards.
- The CQ-80 is used to project the staff credits, where it is activated by Cap'n Cuttlefish.
- When collecting a thang, Agent 8 uses the CQ-80 to take a selfie with the thang.
- The CQ-80 is designed after the Shinkai 2000, a JAMSTEC research vessel of the same series as the one after which the Autobomb was designed.
An employee model CQ-80 found in Inkopolis Square without a CQ card.
A CQ card found in Inkopolis Square on top of a poster featuring the Kamabo Co. logo.
Names in other languages
|NAMACO Terminal[Note 1]|
|Dutch||Komco-apparaat||Komco apparatus[Note 2]|
|French||Curbitron||Gourd + -tron suffix for electronic devices[Note 3]|
The letter C is a homophone for the word see, "Sea"
|Italian||Oloturminal||'Cumber terminal[Note 4]|
|Spanish (NOA)||PP-80||From pepinó, "cucumber"|
|Spanish (NOE)||Pπ-nófono||Cucumber-phone[Note 6]|
|NAMACO Card[Note 1]|
|Dutch||Komco-kaart||Komco Card[Note 2]|
|French||Carte Curbit||Gourd card[Note 3]|
|German||Cornichon-Karte||Cornichon Card[Note 7]|
|Italian||Olotessera||'Cumber Card[Note 4]|
|Spanish (NOA)||Pase P.P.||CQ Pass|
|Spanish (NOE)||Abono pepino||Cucumber subscription|
|NAMACO Point[Note 1]|
- NAMACO, while sounding like a company name, is a homophone of ナマコ, "sea cucumber".
- Komco comes from from zeekomkommer, "Sea Cucumber", with the -co suffix of a company name.
- Curbit sounds like cucurbite, "a plant of the gourd family" which includes cucumbers. It is also the name of C.Q. Cumber.
- Olo comes from cetriolo, "cucumber" (also in the phrase cetriolo di mare, "sea cucumber").
- Голотур comes from голотурий, "holothurian", a member of the genus Holothuria which includes sea cucumbers.
- Pπ-nó is read as pepinó, "cucumber" (also in the phrase pepino de mar, "sea cucumber").
- Cornichons are a type of pickled cucucmber. It is also the name of C.Q. Cumber.