Regular cans in the Splatoon series have the appearance of real-world tin cans used for storing food. They are short and cylindrical, with a label wrapped around the side depending on the contents, and a pull-off tab on the top. The appearance of Power Egg cans is based on caviar tins, with a label including the company's logo on the top, foil seals, and a translucent body. They appear in Octo Valley, the Battle Dojo, Octo Canyon, the Octo Expansion, and Return of the Mammalians.
Mystery (Battle Dojo)
The Mystery Can only appears in Battle Dojo and does not give a set weapon. Its label is decorated with a large question mark with two eyes (similar in design to the Splatoon logo) over a background of colorful ink splats. Unlike the ones seen in Octo Valley, these ones do not exclusively give a special weapon, as they also may give the player the effects of a sub weapon. Using it will randomly select an ability from below.
- Bubbler: Equips the player with a Bubbler.
- Disruptor: Causes the opponent to suffer as if under the effects of a Disruptor.
- Full Power-Up: Causes the player to receive a temporary boost to their run speed, swim speed and ink recovery. Inverse to the Disruptor.
- Inkstrike: Automatically sends an Inkstrike to the opponent's current location.
- Inkzooka: Equips the player with an Inkzooka.
- Point Sensor: Causes the player to see the opponent as if they were under the effects of a Point Sensor.
- Sprinkler: Automatically places a Sprinkler in front of the player.
- Super Jump: Automatically causes both players to swap places through a Super Jump.
The Special Cans will fill the special meter with the type of can it is contained in. Upon collecting, the player will be able to immediately activate the special.
- Bomb Rush: The Bomb Rush Canned Special has a mostly yellow label with green accents. It features an image of a Splat Bomb, and its background is an image of multiple falling Splat Bombs, arranged in a pattern. Upon acquiring this can, Agent 3 can rapidly deploy their current sub weapon.
- Bubbler: The Bubbler Canned Special has a mainly dark pink label with blue accents. It features an image of a male Inkling encased in a white, sparkling Bubbler. The label also includes yellow Inkling text layered over the image. Upon activating this Can, Agent 3 is able to use the Bubbler, an impenetrable shield.
- Inkzooka: The Inkzooka Canned Special has a primarily green label with three large, red, vertical stripes, which appear to include a string of Inkling text. It features an image of an Inkzooka. Upon acquiring this Can, Agent 3 can utilize the Inkzooka.
- Octo Canyon: The cans found in Octo Canyon have a mainly green label with darker green stains giving it a camouflage pattern. It features Ammo Knights' logo and name in Inkling with yellow and black-outlined letters.
- Octo Expansion: These cans have a mostly blue label with a thick white border on the bottom and a black square covering up both colors. From right to left, the blue part of the label features white icons with the Hero Shot and a black bar underneath it, a Splat Bomb, the Hero Shot with a Splat Bomb underneath it, and a fourth icon, using the same black and yellow, which does not represent anything. Underneath the icons is black text in Inkling that looks like a list of nutritional values. Underneath that, in the white border, are black icons of a triangle pointing down, two arrows, which likely represent that the can is recyclable, and what looks like a bar code. The black square has the Kamabo Corporation's logo in white and a small yellow swallowtail flag in the right corner.
|This article or section needs more images!|
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
Canned Specials return in Splatoon 3: Return of the Mammalians, functioning identically to the previous two games. If the player is equipped with the Hero Gear when picking up a Canned Special, the special weapon replaces their Splashdown until it is used. Every special weapon in the game appears as a Canned Special in at least one mission, with the exceptions of Booyah Bomb, Tacticooler and Big Bubbler.
Canned Specials in Alterna have a mostly yellow label with a thick white border on the bottom and a black square with the Cuttlegear logo. From right to left, the yellow part of the label features black and white icons depicting the Crab Tank, Big Bubbler, Ultra Stamp, and Trizooka (despite the Big Bubbler not appearing in cans). The white border has the same icons as the version from the Octo Expansion.
Missions that heavily feature Canned Specials
- Get to Know Alterna, Your Only Choice: the player must use a canned Trizooka to splat three Octotroopers that are out of range of their other weapons.
- Enter the Stamp Gauntlet: If the player chooses not to equip a weapon, they will be provided with a large number of canned Ultra Stamps to complete the mission with.
- Alterna Space Center Hangar: The player is provided with a variety of Canned Specials with which to splat large groups of enemies that are designed to be vulnerable to that particular special. This stage features the only canned Splashdown that appears in the game.
- The Spirit Lifter: First Class: The player finds a canned Zipcaster with unlimited duration that they must use to traverse the stage and collect energy cores.
- After Alterna: Every type of Canned Special (except Splashdown) appears in the final section.
In the Octo Expansion, some levels require the player to enter the stage unarmed, but later have them gain weapons via weapon cans. Weapon cans will add the associated weapon to the player's arsenal and for the rest of the stage. The weapon may be a main weapon or a sub weapon.
|Ink from Above Station||Girl Power Station||Villi Phase|
|Glooga Dualies|| Blaster, Slosher, Octobrush,
Splattershot, Splat Dualies,
Splat Charger, Splat Roller,
Heavy Splatling, Splat Brella,
|Splat Bomb, Octo Shot|
Egg Capsules are a special type of can that give the player a variable amount of Power Eggs or CQ Points. They are scattered throughout levels in Octo Canyon, missions in the Deepsea Metro, and both levels and the overworld in Alterna, often in spots that give the player a small extra challenge or in crates. The Egg Capsule is an orange tin with a graphic top and a transparent body showing the Power Eggs inside.
- A Bubbler can stacked on top of a Bomb Rush can can be seen on the desk of Splatoon's Splash Screen.
- In Octo Canyon, Egg Capsules are worth 10 eggs, while in the Octo Expansion, they are worth 25 eggs.
- In the Octo Expansion, Egg Capsules are referred to by Marina and Cap'n Cuttlefish as 'Power Egg Packs'.
- Despite canned specials in the single-player mode of Splatoon 3 having a new design, the canned special decoration available from Hotlantis and the Shell-Out Machine features the label from the Octo Expansion.
Names in other languages
Supesharu Uepon Kanzume
|Canned Special Weapon|
|Dutch||Ingeblikt wapen||Canned weapon|