They are similar to Chums, but they can instantly splat players with their frying pans. Cohocks move slower than most Salmonids but can take far more damage before being splatted. Cohocks are significantly larger than Chums and also larger than some Boss Salmonids. During the event Cohock Charge, they are the only Lesser Salmonid to spawn.
The following text is quoted from the Salmonid Field Guide.
- Basic Information
- They tend to appear in groups rather than alone.
- Defeating them will earn you Power Eggs.
- Attack Behavior
- They use their sense of smell to locate and close in on targets who have entered their territory.
- Once they close in on a target, they perform close-range attacks using frying pans or other cookware.
- Can be neutralised relatively easily with a direct hit of ink.
- Supporting Information
- They inhabit a restricted ocean zone, and any unauthorised contact with them is expressly forbidden by law.
- The larger Cohock moves slowly but packs a real punch with direct, strong attacks.
- On their own, they don't pose a significant threat, but ignore them and you may quickly find yourself surrounded.
- See also: Salmon Run data
|400||50||10 / 3 / 13||0|
A Cohock along with other Salmonids in Sunken Scroll 18
The salmon run field guide entry for the Cohock (and others)
Unofficial render of the Cohock's game model on The Models Resource
Names in other languages
|A shout of sumo wrestlers|
|Dutch||Sallog||From salmoniet (salmonid) and log (ponderous)|
|French||Sumoche||From sumo and moche (ugly)|
|German||Brocke||From Brocken (piece)|
|Italian||Pinna Pingue||Fat Fin|
|From skovoroda (frying pan) and raider|
|Spanish (NOA)||Agallón||From agalla (gill)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Escamacarra||From escama (scale) and macarra (thug)|
- The Cohock's name could be a reference to a real type of salmon, the Coho salmon.
Characters in Splatoon 2