This article discusses content that is not part of the official Splatoon series canon but is part of the community or competitive gaming space.
- The L-3 Nozzlenose is a unique, medium ranged slayer's weapon with some supportive tendencies, thanks to its various abilities.
- It has more range than a number of other slayer's weapons, such as the Splattershot, the Splat Dualies, and the Splash-o-matic, allowing it to zone out many opposing slayers in a one-on-one and both shark and turf from a safer distance.
- The ink coverage of the L-3 Nozzlenose is very efficient for turfing, which helps maintain map control and quickly build up the special gauge.
- Its mobility, particularly while firing, is amazing for a middleweight weapon, outpacing the Splattershot Pro, the Splattershot, even the Splash-o-matic. Run Speed Up can further increase this mobility, making its user a more difficult target to hit while firing.
- Main Power Up can increase its damage per shot, maxing out at 33.3 with 24 ability points - about two mains and one sub - as of Version 5.1.0.
- Comeback, Quick Respawn, and Stealth Jump are abilities that each encourage aggressive play for a slayer.
- As a burst-fire shooter, the L-3 Nozzlenose requires a higher level of skill than an automatic shooter to be effective:
- Its user must be more accurate with aiming, due to the delay between bursts.
- A user of any burst-fire shooter has to be able to lead shots in order to maximize the damage per burst.
- While the Curling Bomb is not as versatile as other bombs, it still has a variety of uses:
- When it travels along any inkable non-vertical surface, it leaves a trail of ink behind, providing a quick avenue to either attack or escape.
- Keep opponents guessing by sending Curling Bombs towards the opponent without swimming in its trail. Either Ninja Squid or swimming slowly can help avoid detection while swimming in the ink trail.
- It further assists the main weapon in turfing from a safe distance.
- When charged, or "cooked" long enough, it can be used to lay insidious bomb traps to hold off pursuers or flush out sharks.
- Particularly in narrow or closed areas, a Curling Bomb ricocheting off of walls can be a useful distraction to force an opponent to move in a certain direction.
- The Baller is a versatile special weapon with a variety of uses:
- Taking control of a certain area of the stage, such as a Splat Zone or underneath the opponents' Clam basket.
- Forcing the opponents to clear an area, whether leading a Tower or Rainmaker push or stopping one.
- Providing its user an extra layer of protection, such as when fleeing an unsafe situation or while riding the Tower at a checkpoint. In the latter case, be wary of getting knocked off of the Tower by the opponents' weapons.
- After the Baller's explosion, nearby opponents not splatted are often damaged enough for one or two hits from the main weapon to splat them.
- Because of the versatility of the L-3 Nozzlenose, each of the many slayer's and support weapons each have to approach a matchup against it in a different manner:
- One-on-one matchups between L-3 Nozzlenoses on opposing teams are decided by the players' skill, positioning, turf control, and assistance from teammates.
- Try to confront an opposing L-3 Nozzlenose in a more open area, as the opponent's Curling Bombs would be more troublesome in a closed, narrower area.
- The L-3 Nozzlenose outranges and outmaneuvers many typical slayer's weapons, such as the Splattershot and the Splash-o-matic, so they would be at a disadvantage in a straight one-on-one. Careful flanking or sharking and better positioning and tactical use of bombs are more effective than brute force.
- The Splattershot Pro easily outranges the L-3 Nozzlenose but is outmaneuvered by it due to its relatively slow running speed while firing. Try to zone out the L-3 Nozzlenose and watch both the ink tank and the surrounding turf because the Splattershot Pro is also weaker in both ink efficiency and turfing as well.
- Mid- to long-ranged support weapons are often the best bet against the L-3 Nozzlenose. The .96 Gal, the H-3 Nozzlenose, and the Dualie Squelchers all outrange the L-3 Nozzlenose, and the latter also outmaneuvers it (through dodge rolling).
- Brellas can pose a problem for the L-3 Nozzlenose due to the latter's lag between bursts, but beware the L-3 Nozzlenose's mobility.
- Any long-ranged weapon, such as a charger or most splatlings, can attack an L-3 Nozzlenose with impunity as long as the former can maintain a safe distance.
- To avoid falling victim to a sharking L-3 Nozzlenose, always keep track of all four opponents - which ones are still active, which ones are splatted, and which ones super jumped back to their spawn point - and turf suspicious puddles of opposing ink, preferably with a sub weapon.
- Any sub weapons that can track opponents not only discourage sharking but also make marked opponents easier targets for a long-ranged teammate.
- If an opponent's Curling Bomb travels nearby, immediately turf the trail it leaves behind to both cut off lanes of attack and flush out any opponents.
- When attacked by an opponent's Baller, if possible, concentrate fire on the Baller – especially with bombs – to quickly destroy it and prevent its explosion.
- If an opponent riding the Tower activates Baller, attack it at a proper angle – away from the Tower's stake – to knock it off of the Tower.
- Splashdown can destroy a Baller if executed before the Baller initiates its explosion. The Baller's user will remain unsplatted, so prepare a follow-up attack.
Gear abilities provide different effects in battle that benefit the player with their equipped weapon. This is a guide to gear abilities in relation to the weapon. Strategy, synergy, viability, and purpose may be written here.
Increases main weapon damage up to 33.3.
Increases running speed, particularly while firing.
- "Splatoon 2 - Quick Tip Analysis: 'L-3 Nozzlenose'" by ThatSrb2DUDE of Team Olive
- "Top 10 5.0 Splat Zones Weapons In Splatoon 2" by Chara of Prophecy
- "Splatoon 2 - Weapon Roles and Playstyles (Classifying every Weapon)" by Wadsm
- Sendou.ink Weapon Builds
- Lean's Loadout Database - Useage of abilities in Ranked modes