After completing the tutorial Abandoned Station, Agent 8 and Cap'n Cuttlefish find themselves at the Central Station. No weapons are allowed in the area. Initially, the only things of note in this station are the metro train itself, which can be boarded in order to access any other station, and the Telephone, who acts as the primary catalyst of the Octo Expansion, granting Agent 8 a CQ Card and CQ-80 device after giving them their objective. After collecting any of the thangs, Agent 8 returns to Central Station with the thang. After collecting all four thangs, interacting with the Telephone triggers the escape sequence.
After completing the Octo Expansion, Agent 8 can return to Central Station and go to the remains of the blender in order to replay the final act of the game or to watch the credits, which are known as "Remember the fight" and "Remember the light" respectively.
Additionally, after completing the Octo Expansion, a vending machine starts functioning which accepts either CQ Points or mem medals. The vending machine randomly gives out items, including Crust Bucket Tickets, Cash, and ability chunks in varying quantities. When exchanging mem medals, it may also reward more CQ Points.
Secret boss: Inner Agent 3
Upon completing all of the test chambers and collecting all of the full mem cakes, Agent 8's final memory is unlocked. On the map, the Central Station pulsates, indicating that Inner Agent 3 is unlocked, and a message appears when it is first unlocked saying that a door opened somewhere. Locker number eight on the station's platform opens and interacting with it triggers a battle with their "Inner Agent 3". This acts as a secret boss in the Octo Expansion. Beating this boss rewards players with the Golden Toothpick gear piece.
After the player arrives at Central Station and talks to the Telephone:
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Well, we found a way out... Sort of... Uh...
- Telephone: [SEARCHING FOR USER ID...] [USER 10008 CONFIRMED] Greetings, 10,008. Your current location is: Deepsea Metro Central Station. My primary function is to facilitate your journey to the promised land. Pleased to make your acquaintance. [ASSESSING COMMUNICATION EFFICIENCY...] [EFFICIENCY: 12.42%] [ENABLING CONTEMPORARY SPEECH MODE] What is crackalacking, home skillet? Let us bounce to the promised land fo sho. I am bout it bout it, so listen while I [SLANG_NOT_FOUND] you the facts. You have spent your entire life in the dark. Your eyes closed to the new hotness that awaits. The promised land. A utopia of light beyond your wildest dreams. It is all that and a bag of cool beans. I will take you to the promised land now. NOT! HA HA HA. Psyche out. Only cats who have proven themselves can [ERROR] the promised land. Do you dig, dog? There have been 10,007 applicants so far, which make you applicant 10,008. This opportunity comes once in a lifetime, yo. Good luck and [SLANG_NOT_FOUND]. This is Deepsea Metro Central Station, the realio dealio central hub of the facility. Here is your CQ-80 and CQ card. They are so bad. Guard them with your lizzife, because if you lose them, you will be [ERROR]. Now come on ride the train. Outie 5000.
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Applicant 10,008, eh? That's a beakful. I think I'll just call you Agent 8. This "promised land" must be the surface. I wonder how deep underground we are... There's no time to waste! C'mon, Agent 8! Grab those new dealie-dos and get moving!
After claiming the first thang:
- Telephone: You are da bomb fo rizzle! You got the first thang! Find all four and you will [ERROR] the promised land. Keep on keeping on!
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: So this is one of the four thangs, eh? These thangs are as weird as this place, but we gotta get out of here somehow... Let's hurry up and find three more! I'm counting on you, Agent 8.
After claiming the second thang:
- Telephone: Slammin'! You have found the second thang! That is half of them. You are one bad mama jama... Rock on!
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Hmm... So the four thangs come in different shapes and sizes...
- Marina: They look like parts of something... I can't quite ascertain what, though.
After claiming the third thang:
- Telephone: Mad props, my dogg! You have found the third thang! There is one more to find. The promised land awaits. Do not [SLANG_NOT_FOUND] yourself.
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Wonder why we haven't found Agent 3 yet... Should I put up a "Missing Agent" poster? Good idea! Gimme a second... How's this? Nailed it, right?
After selecting "That's not it...":
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Hrm... Well then, how about this?!
After selecting "Lookin' good!" or "That's it!":
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Let's see... What were some of Agent 3's other features?
After selecting skin tone:
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Hmm, you know, you might be right... Anything else you remember?
After selecting eye color:
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: And at the bottom... "Have you seen this girl/boy?"
After selecting "No doubt!":
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: OK... I'm all done! Should be easier to notice if I put it here.
After claiming the final thang:
- Telephone: WHOOMP - THERE IT IS! You have found the final thang! I am, like, totes impressed. I was not sure you had the [ERROR] to pull it off! I will now guide you to the promised land. Let us bounce to the ounce.
When talking to the Telephone after collecting all the thangs and choosing to enter the promised land:
- Telephone: Are you ready to visit the promised land?
After selecting "Let's go!":
- Telephone: This is it. Are you [ERROR] ready to ascend to the higher plane?
After selecting "For sure!":
- Telephone: The promised land awaits. Are you ready to join something bigger than yourself?
After selecting "OK!":
- Telephone: Congratulations, number 10,008! The door to the promised land will now open!
[The Telephone joins the thangs together]
- Telephone: Please, step right inside! Here we go! Do not be shy!
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Home sweet home - here we come!
- Marina: W-wait a second! Is it just me, or... Uh... Does that kinda look exactly like a blender?!
- Pearl: WHOA WHOA WHOA YEAH HOLD UP! This just got seriously sketchy!
- Telephone: INGREDIENT ACQUISITION COMPLETE... REFORMATTING MATTER...
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: HEY! What did that thing say?! You let us out of here, you stupid phone!
- Pearl: Marina! They're gonna get smoothied! YOU GOTTA DO SOMETHING!
- Marina: I'm... trying... None of my hacks are working... I can't get in! I'm going to activate the distress signal on Agent 8's CQ-80. Cross your fingers!
[Agent 3 bursts through the ceiling and punches the Telephone, shattering the blender]
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Holy mackerel - we made it?!
- Pearl: BOOYAH! Man, that was way too close...
- Marina: Sweet! The distress signal worked!
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Agent 3?! Is that really you? Where have you been?!
- Marina: No way! This is who you've been looking for?!
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Ah, fish sticks! This ain't good. Agent 3 is out cold... Hey! What's that?
- Marina: Oh, wow... I think that might be an employee-model CQ-80.
- Pearl: Whoa!
- Marina: Gimme a second here. I'll see if I can access it... Jackpot! I think these are blueprints to the entire Kamabo Co.'s test facility! Agent 8! Cap'n Cuttlefish! I think we can use these to get you guys outta there!
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: Are you squiddin' me?! I knew you'd come through for us, Agent 3!
- Marina: For starters, it looks like you'll want to head up through that hole Agent 3 made.
- Cap'n Cuttlefish: I should wait here until Agent 3 wakes up. No squids left behind! You go on ahead.
- In a screenshot released shortly after the announcement of the Octo Expansion, this station was shown on the Deepsea Metro map. At that time, the translation was not yet finalized, and the station's subtitle was "Promised land here we come!"
- Strangely, all the tracks leading into the tunnels are broken, dropping off into a pit. This includes the track which the Deepsea Metro enters and exits, making it exceptionally odd.
- After beating the final boss, the hole that Agent 3 made in the ceiling when they came to rescue Agent 8 and Cap'n Cuttlefish is still visible.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||そうだ 約束の地 行こう
Sou da Yakusoku no chi Ikou
Shinkai Metoro Chuo Eki
|Ok, Let's go to the Promised Land|
Deepsea Metro Central Station
|Dutch||Op naar het beloofde land!
|Up to the promised land!|
|French||En route pour la terre promise !
|On the way to the promised land!|
|German||Auf zum Land der Verheißung!
|Off to the Promised Land!|
Deep Sea Main-station
|Italian||Si va alla terra promessa!
|Off to the promised land!|
|Russian||С нами — в светлое будущее!
S nami — v svetloye budushcheye!
|With us — into the bright future!|
|Spanish||En dirección al paraíso soñado
|On the way to the dreamed-of paradise|
Octo Expansion stations