Girl Power Station
Girl Power Station is a mission in the Octo Expansion.
In addition to choosing a sub weapon in the Equipper, at the start of the mission Agent 8 is provided nine canned main weapons that correspond to the nine hero weapons from Octo Canyon, among which to choose before entering the mission proper:
- Splat Dualies
- Splat Charger
- Splat Brella
- Heavy Splatling
- Splat Roller
To complete Girl Power Station, the player must defend the orb in the center of the stage for ninety seconds against a squad of seven Sanitized Octolings, followed by eight Sanitized Elite Octolings, who arrive onto the stage in waves at five specific locations relative to the stage around certain times:
|Time||9 o'clock||10 o'clock||12 o'clock||2 o'clock||3 o'clock|
- Select the main weapon among those available that you are most comfortable with. However, note that the two available backline weapons, the Splat Charger and Heavy Splatling, can leave a player relatively immobile, and the Sanitized Octolings will try to attack you and the orb from several different directions at once.
- Collecting the Ink Armor and the two sets of armor provide you extra layers of protection, allowing you to engage the Sanitized Octolings more aggressively.
- Especially early on, it can be very beneficial to actively eliminate each Sanitized Octoling before it reaches the orb. This reduces the possibility of being overwhelmed by multiple Octolings while also preventing them from using their special weapons.
- Sanitized Octolings arrive onto the stage via Super Jumping, so their landing points are marked. A well-timed Splat Bomb or Curling Bomb can eliminate an Octoling before she has a chance to cause damage.
- Turfing the Sanitized Octolings' landing points before they arrive will impede their movement, slowing their advance towards the orb and leaving them easier targets to eliminate.
- The Sanitized Octolings will try to destroy the crates surrounding the orb rather than taking the time to move around them. Keeping as many crates intact as possible – especially the armored crates – will help you stall for time. However, do not hesitate to break through the regular crates if you have to make an emergency defensive stop.
- Firing at the orb with weapons or bombs will refill its health, but usually not fast enough to negate enemy attacks. Eliminate as many Sanitized Octolings as you can before healing the orb.
- The Octolings can still be harmed before they have Super Jumped onto the battlefield, being completely vulnerable while standing on the ledge. However, attempting to attack them will automatically make them Super Jump and start their attack on the orb early, even if the attack misses.
- The Splat Charger and Inkjet are both capable of splatting the Octolings before they are able to enter the battlefield. It should be noted that the laser sight of the Splat Charger will cause the Octolings to Super Jump, but they can still be splatted if done quick enough.
- They will also automatically jump out of the way if you try to swing at them with a Splat Roller.
- The Splashdown and Baller are invaluable for turning the tables when the Sanitized Octolings have you surrounded. Note that this will very likely destroy any remaining crates.
C.Q. Cumber's Quotes
- Advice before starting the mission
|“||Please defend the orb.||”|
|“||If the orb is destroyed, you will fail.||”|
|“||Shooting the orb will help it recover some health, so keep that in mind.||”|
|“||I recommend taking the enemies down one by one before they pile up too much.||”|
- During the mission
|“||The orb broke — test failed.||”|
Cap'n Cuttlefish's Quotes
|“||Ahoy! Looks like the bad guys are ready and waiting for you.||”|
|“||Choose the main weapon that you trust yourself with the most.||”|
|“||With my trusty Bamboozler, I'd have 20 splats by now!||”|
|“||Booyah! Looks like you got 'em all.||”|
|“||Yeah — take 'em all down!||”|
|“||Defensive tip one: target enemies as soon as you can after they land!||”|
|“||Defensive tip three: keep your ears open! Was that a crate breaking?||”|
|“||You're not done yet — hang tough!||”|
|“||That damage is stacking up!||”|
|“||Protecting the orb is priority one!||”|
|“||Defensive tip two: keep a close eye on your perimeter!||”|
|“||Just hang in a bit longer!||”|
|“||Oh no — shoot the orb to recover some of its health!||”|
- The English title is a reference to the catchphrase of the nineties pop band Spice Girls.
- The English subtitle is a reference to the lyric "zig-a-zig-ah" from the band's song Wannabe.
- This station has computers, or more specifically, X68000 and peripheral devices floating in the background.
- Bumpin' 8-Ball Station and Dinky Ink Station have the X68000 and peripheral devices floating in the background as well.
- The Dutch title of this station, "De digitale revolution", alludes to this, while the Dutch subtitle of this station is a reference to the Japanese name for Octolings.
- The subtitle also alludes to the fact that the only enemies in the level are female Octolings.
- The Japanese title of this station, "ジョシリョ区駅", is a pun on "女子力" joshiryoku, meaning "girl power".
- The Russian subtitle of this station, "...Действуйте, сестры!", is a reference to the movie Sister Act, whose Russian title is "Действуй, сестра!"
- The Latin American' subtitle is a reference to the song ¡Oh mamá! (Ella me ha besado), made famous by Argentine singer Pablo Ruíz. It was originally sung by Tejano band Selena y Los Dinos.
- Some of the Sanitized Octolings use combinations that make their weapons similar to multiplayer weapons.
- One uses the Hero Blaster with Autobombs and the Inkjet, similar to a Custom Blaster.
- Another one uses the Hero Dualies with Burst Bombs and the Tenta Missiles, similar to the Splat Dualies.
- The third uses the Octo Shot with Splat Bombs and the Inkjet, similar to a Tentatek Splattershot.
Names in other languages
Watashi-tachi ga o aite yo!
Eitokapuseru o mamorikire!
|We are your opponents!|
Joshiryo District Station
Defend the eight capsule!
|Dutch||Invasie van de Octo-amazones
De digitale revolutie
Verdedig de missiecapsule!
|Invasion of the Octo-amazones|
The digital revolution
Defend the mission capsule!
|French (NOE)||L'antre des dures à cuire
Tunnel Courant d'air
Protège la capsule 8 !
|The lair of the tough ones|
Air flow tunnel
Protect the 8 capsule!
|German||Bring den Gästen Benehmen bei!
Verteidige die Achterkapsel!
|Teach the guests manners!|
Defend the 8-capsule!
|Italian||Prova a batterci!
Galleria del vento
Proteggi il capsulotto!
|Try to beat us!|
Protect the eightcapsule!
|...Take action, sisters!|
Defend the ball capsule!
|Spanish (NOA)||¡Oh mamá! Ella me ha entintado
¡Protege la cápsula ocho!
|Oh mother! She has inked me|
Protect the eight capsule!
|Spanish (NOE)||Zona de octoamazonas
Protege la cápsula ocho.
Protect the eight capsule.
- "Correr malos vientos" is a Spanish idiom for "to be a bad time".
Octo Expansion Stations