Goldies typically show up during Rush and Goldie Seeking, and may appear during Fog. Goldies are golden Salmonids that move faster, hit harder, and have higher health than Chums. Additionally, they grow progressively faster as they take damage. Mr. Grizz refers to them as 'the golden one'. During Rush, Goldies are the only boss Salmonid and will pursue the player surrounded with Glowflies. During this occurrence, they drop three Golden Eggs. In Fog waves, as of Version 3.2.0, Goldies have a chance to drop either one, five, or ten Golden Eggs instead of three after defeating it. During Goldie Seeking, they are again the only boss Salmonid. The aim of the occurrence is to attempt to find the Goldie hiding in the Gushers. When found, the Goldie will attempt to run away. Given enough time, they will head towards another Gusher and dive into the underground waterways, and the next Gusher they will appear in is randomized. This is the only occurrence where the Goldie will get smaller as it loses scales. Goldies make an eerie screeching sound.
- See also: Salmon Run data
|500/6500 [Sal. 1]||40||12 / 6 / 18 [Sal. 2]||1/3/5/10/min. 16 [Sal. 3]|
- A Goldie has 500 HP during Rush and Fog. In Goldie Seeking, it has 6500 HP. Taking off 2500 HP will shrink it down to medium size. Taking off 2000 more HP will shrink it down to the smallest size. Finally, depleting 2000 more HP from it while it is in that state will finish it off. Goldies have HP regeneration over time, up to the maximum HP of its current size.
- A Goldie only attacks during Rush and Fog waves. Power Eggs can also only be obtained from it during those waves.
- Goldies drop three Golden Eggs during Rush waves, while in Fog waves they can drop either one, five or ten Golden Eggs, and in Goldie Seeking waves they can drop a minimum of sixteen Eggs (6500/500+3) or more if they are left to recover HP over time.
- Its design could possibly be a reference to Roman dolphin statues, as this Salmonid wears toga-like clothing and its scales have a swirly pattern.
- In to the Dutch version, Mr. Grizz refers the Goldie as a female, instead of "it" in English.
The icon for the Goldie used in SplatNet 2.
The mem cake of a Goldie.
Concept art of a Goldie, from The Art of Splatoon 2.
Names in other languages
|French||Dorax||From d'or (of gold) and dorer (to coat something in gold)|
|Italian||Pinna d'Oro||Golden Fin|
|Russian||Великий Сам О'Нид
Velikiy Sam O'Nid
|Great Sam O'Nid (from самонид samonid (Salmonid))|
|Spanish (NOA)||Orónido||From oro (gold)|
- Dutch localisation. Mr. Grizz: "Daar is de Goldie! Pak haar eieren!" (There's the Goldie! Take her eggs!) "Die geniepige Goldie heeft zich verstopt! Vind haar!" (That sneaky Goldie has hid herself! Find her!)
Characters in Splatoon 2