In Splatoon, the Hero Charger has a futuristic design with a black and lime-green color scheme shared with all hero weapons, and many blue lights that leave a small trail as Agent 3 moves. The main part of the gun is black with lime-green highlights and it has a paintball hopper as the ink tank.
In Splatoon 2, the Hero Charger has an identical build to the Splat Charger from the same game, with the ink tank being replaced by a paintball hopper and the gun being recolored to match other hero weapons.
The Hero Charger behaves similarly to the Splat Charger, with great range, accuracy and damage. It cannot be upgraded with Power Eggs like the Hero Shot can be, and unlike the Hero Shot, it only comes with Splat Bombs. It is exclusively used by the player during the Inkling Girl amiibo challenges, and completing them all unlocks the Hero Charger Replica for purchase at Ammo Knights.
- The Hero Charger is a weapon.
- Ink consumption scales from 1.6% to 12% depending on the charge level.
- The full-charge ink consumption of 12% allows players to fire 8 shots before needing to refill the ink supply.
- This stat can be changed with Ink Saver (Main).
- The Hero Charger cannot store its charge.
- It takes 1 second to fully charge the weapon.
- It takes 0.57 seconds to reach 100 damage. This is 56.67% of the charge circle.
- When charging a shot with an empty tank, the charge rate is 33.33%, permitting the player to fully charge a shot in 3 seconds.
- Shots cannot pierce through enemies.
- When charging while moving, the player's movement speed is set to 0.2 units per frame.
- Damage scales from 70 to 130 depending on the charge level. At full charge, the damage is 160.
- Shot velocity scales from 12 to 48 units per frame depending on the charge level.
- Shot distance scales from 90 to 250 depending on the charge level.
The Hero Charger is usable in Octo Canyon without the use of Amiibo and can be upgraded one level. It comes equipped with switchable sub weapons of Splat Bombs, Curling Bombs and Autobombs, like every other Hero weapon. It is loaned by Sheldon during the level Octozeppelin Invasion, and can be used in all other missions after beating the level. Completing all the missions in Octo Canyon with the Hero Charger unlocks the Hero Charger Replica for purchase at Ammo Knights.
|Level 1||-||-||Has blue lights, functions identically to the Splat Charger.|
|Level 2||1,500||3||Has red lights with reduced ink consumption and charge time.|
Hero Charger Replica
- Main article: Hero Charger Replica
The Hero Charger Replica is a reward in Splatoon and Splatoon 2 unlocked through various means. It is a charger-type main weapon and is visually identical to the Hero Charger. Despite its unique appearance, it is simply a reskin of the Splat Charger from that game, sharing the same stats and loadout, sub weapon and special weapon.
- Marie's main weapon is shown to be the Hero Charger as it appears in Splatoon or its Replica, likely from her time in the role of Agent 2. This is shown in her artwork for the Go all out! vs. Focus on healing Splatfest. In the final battle of Splatoon 2's Octo Canyon mode, she uses the aforementioned Hero Charger to take out Callie's hypnoshades.
- The weapon as seen in the first game and as used by Marie takes design cues from early AR-15 designs, most notably with the iron sights and carrying handle, as well as the shape of the handguard resembling that of early Colt models.
Marie using the Hero Charger from Splatoon
Names in other languages
|French||Concentraceur héroïque||Heroic concentrator|
|Italian||Splatter élite||Elite splatter|
|Spanish||Cargatintas de élite||Loaded ink of the elite|
- Splatoon - ChargeShotMission.params