Administrators (also known as admins or sysops) are a group of experienced users who maintain the wiki through enforcing policies and the use of special functions given to them (see a list below). Given the amount of experience they have on the wiki, they are usually the best users to contact whenever you have a question.
Commonly used functions
Main article: User group rights
- Deleting and undeleting pages and page histories. Administrators can also delete uploaded images and files (Log)
- Locking (protecting) a page so it can not be edited or renamed by users without admin rights (Log)
- Blocking users or IP addresses from editing (Log)
- Automatically undoing (or rollbacking) edits by a specific user on a page
- Many additional functions not listed above
Admins who join the Inkipedia Discord server will be given the wiki admin role, which allows access to the staff chat. Wiki admins that want to help the Inkipedia Discord server may request the server admin role.
Becoming an administrator
Main article: Requests for rights
It takes a lot of work and experience to become an administrator. Below are some questions to help you decide whether or not you are actually ready for adminship.
- Are you online often?
- Are you a good editor (with excellent use of the English language)?
- Do you know intermediate-level wikicode (e.g. are you able to understand semi-complex wikicode by looking at it)?
- Do you work well with other users?
- Do you follow our policies?
Once you feel you are ready, and if requests for adminship are unlocked, two users must be willing to nominate you (one of which has to be a current admin). If your nomination is successful you will become a permanent admin. Good luck!
Main article: Demotion
A user with rights can be demoted through Inkipedia's democratic demotion request process.
If an admin is demoted due to inactivity, they will still be trusted as an experienced former admin. These users have the following privileges:
- They will continue to have access to the admin-only channels in Discord. As an experienced former admin, their insight, opinions, and advice are valuable to other Inkipedia users on Discord.
- They may reclaim their admin rights by contacting a current admin or bureaucrat through any contact method. This bypasses the voting process used for rights requests. Former admins have the trust of the community, so voting is not necessary.
Bureaucrats have the final say regarding the status of a user. Naughty users may lose community trust and may have privileges revoked.
An up-to-date list can be fetched using Special:ListUsers/sysop.
These users were chosen to become administrators by the community and will serve indefinite terms until they resign, become inactive, or are impeached by the community. They are identified by the bold dark green names found on the recent changes page.
|Administrator name||Signature prototype||Contact||Time zone||Specializes in||Status|
|A22PG (talk) -||Talk page | Email||UTC+1 ()||Spanish translations, interface, editing||Fully active|
|–||Talk page||UTC+1 ()||Weapon information and table editing||Lately inactive|
|Anemoia［Talk!］||Talk page | Discord||UTC+1 ()||French translations, article structure, cleanup||Fully active|
|Talk page | Twitter | Discord||UTC+9 ()||Excused|
|Talk page | Discord||UTC−5 ()||General organization and categorization, editing help||Excused|
|Talk page||UTC-5 ()||Spelling, grammar, and cleanup||Fully active|
|Talk page | Email | Twitter||UTC+1 ( )||Interface, MediaWiki||Lately inactive|
|GloverMist (talk)||Talk page | Twitter||UTC-0 ()||Spelling, grammar, and general information||Fully active|
|GX_64 (talk)||Talk page | Discord||UTC+10 ()||Fully active|
|Heddy (talk)||Talk page | Email | Discord||UTC−5 ()||Fully active|
|Talk page||UTC+2 ()||Fully active|
|Talk page||UTC-0 ()||Article structure||Lately inactive|
|OrderSquid38 *Chat*||Talk page||UTC-6 ()||Korean translations||Fully active|
|Perfectionist (talk)||Talk page||Fully active|
|Shahar (talk)||Talk page | Email||UTC+2 ()||Battle information and article structure||Fully active|
|Talk page | Twitter | Discord||UTC-0 ()||Inkipedia vision, templates, and automation||Fully active|
|Talk page | Twitter||UTC-8 ()||Spanish translations||Fully active|
|SuperHamster Talk||Talk page | Email||UTC-5 ()||Editing||Lately inactive|
|Talk page | Discord||UTC-5 ()||Fully active|
|XarrotD (talk)||Talk page||UTC-5 ()||Datamining and weapon data||Fully active|
|Yoshifan52 (talk)||Talk page||UTC-5 ()||Cleanup||Fully active|
|Fully active||These are the best users to contact when you need help. They log on and edit on a regular basis.|
|Lately inactive||These users have not edited in the past month. Do not contact these users for emergencies.|
|Inactive||These users have not edited in the past six months. Do not contact these users, because they will likely be demoted soon.|
|Excused||These users are exempt or their inactivity has been excused.|