|This article or section is incomplete or is missing information.|
|“||To fire the Ink Cannon, hold to aim and then press !||”|
Ink Cannons fire missiles which can travel great distances and deal a large amount of damage. The damage does not seem to taper off with distance from the impact point, dealing the full amount over the entire splash range. The missiles are affected by gravity and have a limited range. Firing the cannon works the same as the main weapon, as it fires with and has an aiming reticle. The Ink Cannon does not use any of the ink from the player's own Ink Tank. The view will zoom in significantly when using the Ink Cannon, similar to using a scoped charger. There is also a short cooldown after shooting a missle before being able to launch another missle.
- The first Ink Cannon can be found in Lair of the Octoballs. There is a hidden Launchpad in Checkpoint 6 that can be found hidden under some small crates that take Agent 3 to the last checkpoint. When there, an Ink Cannon can be found. This can be used to ink a large wall guarded by a Squee-G and two Octotroopers waiting at the top of the wall.
- The mission Floating Sponge Garden holds an Ink Cannon at the Final Checkpoint. Using this Ink Cannon makes the sponge section easier so that Octotroopers and Octocopters will not be in the way.
- In Checkpoint 3 at Propeller-Lift Fortress, there is an Ink Cannon that has to be used in order to fetch a propeller platform. When successful, Agent 3 will meet with six Octocopters and an Octobomber near the original location of the platform.
The Ink Cannon's appearance was slightly modified in the second game, with it now looking like a checkpoint with a cannon and artillery shield. It functions identically to the first game.
- Spinning Campground (Mission #08)
- Secret Bowling Alley (Mission #16)
- Octolings Ahoy! (Mission #21)
- The Octogalaxy (Mission #23)
- During the Cohock Charge Known Occurrence, a slightly different kind of Ink Cannon will appear near the shoreline. These cannons are shaped like a sphere with a muzzle protruding out and do consume the user's ink when fired, forcing the player to periodically exit the cannon to refill. When inside one of these cannons, the player's ink meter will be shown along the right side of the screen. Other than this, these cannons function the same as the ones in single-player mode.
- The cannons are powerful enough to kill any lesser Salmonid with one shot and most Boss Salmonids with one or two shots, depending on where they were hit.
- The player must be aware when using the cannons because they can still be hit by any salmonoids and eaten by maws.
- Cannon Fire Pearl has three Ink Cannons that look and function like the ones in Salmon Run but consume 16% of the player's ink tank with each shot rather than the usual 10%.
Names in other languages