Often, Inkipedia will encounter an issue that does not have a clear solution. For example, should the wiki use traditional English or American English in its articles? In such a case, discussion and, eventually, a community vote, should take place.
Reasons to create a vote
These are examples of issues that may justify creating a community vote:
These are examples of issues that would not justify creating a community vote:
- Thinking of a new outfit to wear
- Deciding what weapon to use in Splat Zones
- Seeing what Splatfest choice people are voting for
While these last three examples are not good reasons to create a community vote, they are perfect for blogs and polls!
How to create a vote
Before creating a vote, contact an Administrator via their talk page or Discord. If every Admin you ask approves your request, one of them will create a voting page for you. However, if even one Admin vetoes your request, the page will not be created until specified changes are made.
This section is a guide to help Administrators create community voting pages. Create the desired article under the Inkipedia namespace as a subpage of Inkipedia:Voting. For example, a vote discussing whether to use traditional English or American English on the wiki could be found on the page Inkipedia:Voting/British vs American English. Any words following "Inkipedia:Voting" should be a concise but clear description of the issue at hand.
Acceptable article title:
- Inkipedia:Voting/British vs American English
Unacceptable article title:
- Inkipedia:Voting/Please vote! What type of grammar should Inkipedia use: British English or American English?
The first thing someone should see when they open a voting page is a description of the topic being voted upon. This description should be neutral, holding no obvious bias for or against the proposal. Following the description should be:
Should Inkipedia use British or American English?
- User #1 (talk to me!) -23:41, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- User #2 -23:41, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- User #3 (TALK | AWARDS) -23:41, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- User #4 -23:41, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- User #5 -23:41, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- User #6 (let's go DOGS!) -23:41, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- Point 1 -User #1 (talk to me!) -23:41, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- Addition/counter to point 1 -User #2 -23:41, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
- Point 2 -User #3 (TALK | AWARDS) -23:41, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
How to vote
If you would like to vote on a community decision, please add your signature (~~~~) by a pound symbol (#) underneath the last vote for the option you support. Once you have voted, please change the number next to the option you support to reflect your added vote.
Please vote on all community decisions- Inkipedia needs you!