Inkipedia:Requests for Rights/Archives/GogglesKunInkling
|“||Note that administrators will typically promote active users with over 100 edits in the past 30 days. If you meet this requirement and wish to be a patroller, contact an administrator and make a request.||”|
I request for some patroller rights, please!
I have been on Inkipedia for 2 months and made lots of edits. I even made it to the 1000 edits mark. I know the wikicode well and make pretty good edits. I know I may make mistakes, but like Mr Squid said, it wouldn't mean I would be a bad patroller. And yes, I am autopatrolled. Thanks for asking if you seem to understand. Thoughts?
- Well, I think that Goggles should be patroller, as only half of our patrollers are fully active and one is inactive (see Template:Patrollerlist). Goggles is an active user who makes lots of edits. Most of them are pretty good edits. Also, she knows to do wikicode well (Infoboxes, templates, links etc.) Because you're autopatrolled doesn't mean users won't see your edits! And one other thing, If you make a few mistakes it doesn't mean you won't be a good patroller! I'm sure GogglesKunInkling would be a good patroller. We should just give her the rights and see what happens! 16:56, 3 September 2016 (UTC)
- Weak support. From what I've seen, Goggles has become much more levelheaded, knows how to use the tools, and is still fairly active. Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 16:36, 23 September 2016 (UTC)
- Opposing. Since joining Inkipedia two months ago, you haven't shown that you have the necessary qualities that in my opinion someone with these extra rights should have.
At times, you can be immature without any reason to act as such and this may lead to misuse of the rollback tool if someone makes an edit which you yourself to do not particularly like.
While you do make a lot of edits, not all of them are of a quality that should be auto-patrolled. Having a patroller double check them when patrolling them is a good thing to clean up any mistakes you may have accidentally made.
Your request doesn't really say much about why you should be a patroller, and in my opinion, you would need more experience of editing and of working with others on a wiki before gaining rights. Good luck in the future! :) 23:51, 25 August 2016 (UTC)
- Gonna have to oppose. In addition to what Lukey said, patrollers should be able to monitor all or at least many areas of the wiki, and you've mainly limited yourself to userspace and manga pages. While it is fine to specialize, patrollers must show that they can be well-rounded. --Bzeep! talk 23:55, 3 September 2016 (UTC)
- Afraid I'll have to oppose for now. Great progress, but I echo Lukey's and Bzeep's concerns. Also worth noting: being a Patroller means being a part of staff, and in a way, a representative of Inkipedia - which requires maturity and experience with various areas of the site. ~SuperHamster Talk 21:15, 24 September 2016 (UTC)
Idon't know whether to support or not. We need more active patrollers (a few users, like me are not so active or are leaving this wiki. (I'm going to become less active). However, those 1000 edits are mostly user and blog ones. And there are a few little mistakes that Goggles makes sometimes.
16:13, 26 August 2016 (UTC)
I noticed! few things here
- I should problaby do some rolebacks because NO not for if someone makes an edit which I don't like! I should use it for extremly important reasons.
- Good idea. From now on, no mistake's gonna past me!
- Good luck in the future? No one would wait for that until 1 or 2 months! Plus I want to go to Gamestop and get my arceus! (|Contribs) 19:24, 26 August 2016 (UTC)
- Actually, I WILL still be active now. 08:04, 30 August 2016 (UTC)