Inkipedia:Requests for Rights/Archives/KJ Bot
|This page is an archive.|
It contains older discussions that are no longer ongoing. If you wish to discuss one of the topics here, please bring it up on the live discussion page.
I'd like to get admin rights on my bot account so it can semi-automatically delete and ban spammers. With only one single exception, all blocks that Inkipedia has ever made have been spam accounts, as shown on the block log.
Admins can see the bot's delete tagging to-date (11 at time of writing) on Deleted Contributions. The bot will not delete and ban without input from me and so accidental deletion/banning is extremely unlikely. If there is a case for going fully automatic in future, I will create a new community post about it.
13:29, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
- You do amazing stuff with your bot, and make little to no mistakes. () 19:41, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
- Seconded. The bot is very useful and we should exploit its full potential. ~CreatorGX (Talk) 20:04, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
- No problem here, I trust Kjhf and the bot's planned work to have access to the admin tools. ~SuperHamster Talk 05:51, 6 November 2015 (UTC)
- Excuse my ignorance, but doesn't the bot requiring your input to block and delete make the entire point moot? Nyargleblargle (Contribs) 14:57, 4 November 2015 (UTC)
- It's semi-automatic: it's just a confirmation from me rather than selecting block, delete, typing a reason, etc. The bot account is supposed to be for tasks that are really boring to do manually because there are numerous trivial changes which we don't want clogging Recent Changes or would incur the spam filter's wrath. Whether this qualifies, I'm not too sure... it depends on how many spam accounts suddenly spring up. Point taken, I could sign in on my account instead of the bot account.
- 15:23, 4 November 2015 (UTC)