|“||Shoot Inkrails with to activate them!||”|
Inkrails appear to be long, thin ropes of ink that connect various platforms in Octo Valley. They are tethered to such platforms by slightly larger bulbs, serving as entry points for Inklings. The bulbs must be activated by hitting it with ink, before the player can use the rail. When in squid form, Inklings are able to travel back and forth along Inkrails as they please; however, if an Inkling jumps off or uses its humanoid form while on an Inkrail, they will fall to their death. Agent 3 can jump higher than possible whilst moving across an inkrail.
No inkrails are found in Octo Canyon, due to being replaced by the similar Ride rails, but they have instead been introduced into the multiplayer as a new mechanic. They work similar to how they did in the first game, but after the bulb has been activated, the ink capacity will visually decrease until it empties, when players cannot use it again, until they hit it with more ink, refuelling the bulb. It can only be used by players of the same ink color and players with other colored ink can hit it until it changes to their teams color. They last around 15 seconds without shooting them to last longer.
Inkrails make a return in Octo Expansion and allows Agent 8 the similar function given in the original game. They have a more prominent use by having Agent 8 get around places easier and find better ways to splat Sanitized Octarians.
|This article or section is a stub.|
You can help the wiki by to it.
Spatoon 2 stages
- Musselforge Fitness (Rainmaker)
- Humpback Pump Track (Tower Control and Rainmaker)
- Moray Towers
- Port Mackerel (Clam Blitz)
- Snapper Canal (Tower Control and Clam Blitz)
- Shellendorf Institute
- Arowana Mall (Tower Control, Rainmaker and Clam Blitz)
- Goby Arena
- Camp Triggerfish
- Wahoo World
- Shifty Station (Layout 3)
- Abandoned Station (Station A00)
- Wassup 8-Ball Station (Station A03)
- Rad Ride Station (Station B04)
- Tubular 8-Ball Station (Station B11)
- Phat Splatz Station (Station B13)
- McFly Station (Station C10)
- Goose Station (Station D09)
- Da Bomb Station (Station E08)
- Dinky Ink Station (Station I02)
- Coccyx Phase (Escape 01)
- Villi Phase (Escape 02)
- Diaphragm Phase (Escape 05)
An activated Inkrail in Flooder Junkyard.
Names in other languages
|French (NOE)||Fil d’encre||Wire of ink|
|Italian||Colorotaia||From colore (color) and rotaia (rail)|
|Spanish (NOA)||Tintarriel||From tinta (ink) and riel (rail)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Tintransportador||From tinta (ink) and transportador (transporter)|