|“||Shoot Inkrails with to activate them!||”|
Inkrails appear to be long, thin ropes of ink that connect various platforms in Octo Valley. They are tethered to such platforms by slightly larger bulbs, serving as entry points for Inklings. The bulbs must be activated by hitting it with ink before the player can use the rail. When in squid form, Inklings are able to travel back and forth along Inkrails as they please; however if an Inkling jumps off or uses their humanoid form while on an Inkrail, they fall to their death. Agent 3 can jump higher than possible whilst moving across an Inkrail.
No Inkrails are found in Octo Canyon, due to being replaced by the similar ride rails, but they have instead been introduced into the multiplayer as a new mechanic. They work similar to how they did in the first game, but after the bulb has been activated, the ink capacity visually decreases until it empties, when players cannot use it again until they hit it with more ink, refuelling the bulb. It can only be used by players of the same ink color and players with other colored ink can hit it until it changes to their teams color. They last around fifteen seconds without shooting them to last longer.
Inkrails make a return in the Octo Expansion and allow Agent 8 a similar function to in the original game. They have a more prominent use by having Agent 8 get around places easier and find better ways to splat Sanitized Octarians.
|This article or section is a stub.|
You can help the wiki by adding to it.
- Musselforge Fitness (Rainmaker and Clam Blitz)
- Humpback Pump Track (Tower Control, Rainmaker and Clam Blitz)
- Moray Towers
- Port Mackerel (Clam Blitz)
- Snapper Canal (Tower Control and Clam Blitz)
- Shellendorf Institute (Splat Zones, Rainmaker, and Clam Blitz)
- Arowana Mall (Tower Control, Rainmaker and Clam Blitz)
- Goby Arena
- Camp Triggerfish
- Wahoo World
- Piranha Pit (Splat Zones, Tower Control, Rainmaker, and Clam Blitz)
- Blackbelly Skatepark (Splat Zones, Tower Control, and Clam Blitz)
- Starfish Mainstage (Tower Control, Rainmaker, and Clam Blitz)
- Skipper Pavilion (Splat Zones)
- New Albacore Hotel (Splat Zones)
- Layout 3: Goosponge
- Abandoned Station
- Wassup 8-Ball Station
- Rad Ride Station
- Tubular 8-Ball Station
- Phat Splatz Station
- McFly Station
- Goose Station
- Da Bomb Station
- Freakazoid Station
- Dinky Ink Station
- Coccyx Phase
- Villi Phase
- Diaphragm Phase
An Inkling using an Inkrail.
A lime-colored Inkling using an Inkrail in Octo Valley.
An activated Inkrail in Flooder Junkyard.
Names in other languages
|French (NOE)||Fil d’encre||Wire of ink|
|Italian||Colorotaia||From colore (color) and rotaia (rail)|
|Spanish (NOA)||Tintarriel||From tinta (ink) and riel (rail)|
|Spanish (NOE)||Tintransportador||From tinta (ink) and transportador (transporter)|