|“||These beauties are from the Kensa Collection, a special-ordered line of new weapons based on ones you might recognize. These weapons are painted with monotone designs created by the gear brand Toni Kensa, and include the collection’s signature red laundry clip.||”|
Kensa Collection are a set of Toni Kensa-branded reskins of existing weapons with new sub and special weapons, similar to Sheldon's Picks in Splatoon. They were first announced during the 14 September 2018 Nintendo Direct presentation. The first came later on 14 September 2018 as part of Version 4.0.0, the second collection was released with Version 4.1.0 on 3 October 2018, the third was released with Version 4.2.0, and the fourth and final collection was released alongside the 4.3.0 update.
- The first two promotional images of the Kensa Collections feature the same characters, who are apparently models for Toni Kensa. They are shown in the promotional images with a dark gray ink color, which can only be accessed in-game via hacking.
- An Inkling Girl with the lightest skintone, white eyes and the "Banger" hairstyle, wearing Half-Sleeve Sweater and Toni Kensa Black Hi-Tops with the long tights legwear option.
- An Inkling Boy with the lightest skintone, white eyes and the "Mush-Cut" hairstyle, wearing Toni K. Baseball Jersey and Toni Kensa Soccer Shoes with the loose shorts legwear option.
- An Octoling Girl with the lightest skintone, white eyes and the "Pony" hairstyle, wearing Short Knit Layers and Arrow Pull-Ons with the sporty shorts legwear option.
- An Octoling Boy with the middle (fourth) skintone, white eyes and the "Afro" hairstyle, wearing Toni Kensa Goggles and Panda Kung-Fu Zip-Up, barefoot with the tight shorts legwear option.
- The promotional images of Kensa Collections 3 and 4 feature new three new Toni Kensa fashion models, and a returning model from the first two sets.
- In the image for Kensa Collection 3, the characters have a stark white ink color. In the image for Kensa Collection 4, it is stark black. Both of these colors, like the dark gray ink in the first images, cannot appear in-game.
- An Inkling Boy with the second lightest skintone, white eyes and the "Topknot" hairstyle, wearing Ink-Wash Shirt and Arrow Pull-Ons with the leggings legwear option.
- An Octoling Girl with the lightest skintone, white eyes and the "Tentacurl" hairstyle, wearing Pullover Coat and Toni Kensa Black Hi-Tops with the long tights legwear option.
- The same Octoling Boy from the first two Kensa Collections, only changing the ink color.
- An Inkling Girl with the lightest Skintone, white eyes, and the "Double-Bun" hairstyle, wearing a Face Visor, a Front Zip Vest and Toni Kensa Soccer Shoes with the capri sweatpants legwear option.
- All weapons from this collection also have a red clip of some sort, meant to represent Toni Kensa's logo.
- Because of Toni Kensa only have three shoes option, one of the characters in the promotional images, the Octoling boy with the afro haircut is barefoot.
Names in other languages
|Dutch||Toni Kensa-collectie||Toni Kensa Collection|
|German||Toni Kensa-Kollektion||Toni Kensa Collection|
|Italian||Collezione Nero Marlin||Toni Kensa Collection|
|Spanish (NOA)||Colección Tonken||Toni Kensa Collection|
- Live from Squid Research Lab: The first Kensa Collection
- Nintendo Switch News Channel