Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is a kart racing game released for the Nintendo Switch. The game was first revealed through a trailer as part of the Nintendo Switch Presentation on 13 January 2017 in Tokyo, Japan and is an updated port of Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U. The game is the first in the Mario Kart series to include references and content from Splatoon. It is the best-selling game on the Nintendo Switch, with 28.99 million copies sold.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe introduces Splatoon characters and other references to the Mario Kart series. Both male and female Inklings are introduced as playable characters, with three different variants each. A new battle mode course is introduced named Urchin Underpass based on the original Urchin Underpass stage from Splatoon, as well as two Splatoon-themed ATVs, the Splat Buggy and the Inkstriker (heavily based on the Inkstrike). A new Inkling-themed amiibo costume unlocked by placing any Splatoon amiibo is also added.
The selectable costume variants for the Inklings are as follows:
- Orange ink, orange eyes, light skin, Studio Headphones, White Tee and Pink Trainers.
- Green ink, pink eyes, pale skin, Studio Headphones, Black Tee and Black Trainers.
- Pink ink, cyan eyes, dark skin, Studio Headphones, Sky-Blue Squideye and Cyan Trainers.
- Blue ink, blue eyes, light skin, Pilot Goggles, Zink Layered LS and Purple Hi-Horses.
- Purple ink, orange eyes, tan skin, Pilot Goggles, Choco Layered LS and Gold Hi-Horses.
- Cyan ink, brown eyes, medium skin, Pilot Goggles, Yellow Layered LS and Zombie Hi-Horses.
The female Inkling racer on a Splat Buggy using a Blooper, which is also a squid.
The same image, featuring Mario.
Inklings on Splatoon-themed karts on the Urchin Underpass battle course.
The amiibo costumes, including the new Splatoon themed costume.
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Super Mario Wiki.