Maverick Station is a mission in the Octo Expansion.
When the player begins the stage, their Inkjet is immediately activated on a platform that eventually slopes down. Octomissiles are launched at the bottom and travel along the slope. The player can collect a Power Egg container along a moving wall while traveling down, as well as one in front of the Octomissile launchers. Reaching the end of the slope activates the second checkpoint and adds thirty seconds to the clock.
Follow the path to a platform with two Octotroopers, two crates and a bumper on it and an Ink Switch along the wall of the platform. Activating the Ink Switch creates a platform to the other side with the third checkpoint.
With another thirty seconds added to the clock, the player enters an area similar to the first one; a downhill slope, but instead of having Octomissile launchers, there are two Octozeppelin launchers. Along the way, there is another crate to destroy, a Power Egg container to collect and an Octotrooper to avoid. At the bottom, a Grapplink behind a stack of crates can be reached, taking the player to a platform with the fourth checkpoint.
Another Grapplink takes the player to the next platform, and by timing it right, can they go through a Squid Ring. The platform has two Octotroopers and some Ink Switches nearby which move the platform up. Go over the wall to follow the path with two Squid Rings and avoid oncoming Octozeppelins to reach the fifth and final checkpoint, granting the player sixty extra seconds on the clock.
After this point, the path consists of Octozeppelins being fired towards the player and Ink Switches that move platforms to make a way forward. On the way, the player encounters an Octotrooper and Octocopters and more Power Egg containers can be collected. The station's goal is reached by using a Grapplink.
C.Q. Cumber's Quotes
|“||Please shoot down any Octomissiles that get in your way.||”|
|“||Keep in mind that Octozeppelins have a weak spot on top, so shoot them there.||”|
|“||You can of course press while using the Inkjet to float a bit.||”|
|“||And be sure to use those ink switches and Grapplinks as best you can.||”|
Cap'n Cuttlefish's Quotes
|“||Remember - the Inkjet needs solid ground beneath it to function properly!||”|
|“||Shoot the tentacles on top of the Octozeppelins to take 'em out!||”|
- This station was showcased by Nintendo on social media after the release of the Octo Expansion.
- The title and subtitle of this station are references to the 1986 film Top Gun, similar to Goose Station and Iceman Station.
- The Japanese name of this station is a pun on "choi waru oyaji" (older, rugged and fashionable man).
- The Dutch name of this station alludes to the neon signs in the background of this level.
- The Spanish name is similar, with xenon being an element used for neon lights.
- This stage has bent spoons floating around in the background which is a reference to spoon bending as well as a possible reference to the 1999 film The Matrix.
- Totally 8-Ball Station has bent spoons floating in the background as well.
Names in other languages
Complete Japanese and Russian translations
時間内に ジェットパックで ゴールせよ！
Soko noke kowamote koko ni ari:
Chiyo Iwa Ruoya Ji Eki
Jikan uchi ni jettopakku de gōru seyo!
|Get out of the way. There is a hard-faced man:|
Thousand Age Rock Ruoya Road Station
Heeft u het ook in neon?
Bereik het doel met de Inktjet voordat de tijd om is!
|Slightly important...[note 1]|
Do you have it in neon too?
Reach the goal with the Inkjet before the time runs out!
|French||Un vol avec turbulences !
Atteins l'arrivée en chromo-jet dans le temps imparti !
|A flight with turbulences!|
Reach the end in Inkjet in the given time!
|German||Viel heiße Luft um nichts!
Erreiche mit dem Tintendüser das Ziel innerhalb des Zeitlimits!
|Much hot air about nothing!|
Reach the goal with the Inkjet under a certain time limit!
Raggiungi il traguardo usando il jet splat!
|The deal swells up|
Reach the finish line using the Inkjet!
|Russian||...Смотрим в оба!
Долети до цели на красколете вовремя!
...Smotrim v oba!
Doleti do tseli na kraskolete vovremya!
|Spanish (NOA)||De noche todos los malos son pardos[note 2]
Alcanza la meta con el propulsor.
|All bad guys are alike in the dark|
Reach the goal with the Inkjet.
|Spanish (NOE)||De noche todos los malos son pardos[note 2]
Llega a meta con el propulsor a tiempo.
|All bad guys are alike in the dark|
Reach the goal with the Inkjet on time.
- "Licht" means "light" both as in brightness and as in size.
- This is a reference to the saying "De noche, todos los gatos son pardos" ("At night, all cats are brown"), meaning it's easy to mistake one for another in the dark.
Octo Expansion Stations