|This article or section needs more images!|
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
During this event, Mudmouths will erupt from the holes left by gushers. Lesser Salmonids will jump out of the mouths of the Mudmouths periodically. Golden Mudmouths may also appear. The player should throw three bombs in the Mudmouths' mouths to obtain Golden Eggs. The more bombs players throws into their mouths, the more decrepit Mudmouths appear. Chum and smallfry will come out of regular Mudmouths, but Cohocks will come out of Golden Mudmouths, Which is why players must focus on the Golden Mudmouths if one is present. It is recommended that players should team up against the Mudmouths rather than take one on by them selves.
Salmonid Field Guide
The following text is quoted from the Salmonid Field Guide.
- A Mudmouth will erupt out of the hole left by a gusher and open its huge mouth.
- Lesser Salmonids will start jumping out of the Mudmouth's mouth, one after another after another...
How to Get Golden Eggs
- Throw a bomb into the Mudmouth's mouth. When the bomb explodes, it'll cough up a Golden Egg.
- If you throw in enough bombs, the Mudmouth will explode and drop even more Golden Eggs!
- Sometimes you'll see one covered in golden goop. Defeat it, and it'll leave behind LOTS of Golden Eggs.
Advice from Mr. Grizz
- Search for the Mudmouth by tracking where the Lesser Salmonids are coming from.
- Mudmouths multiply as time passes, so splat 'em fast!
- Long ago, the Mudmouth was thought to be a spirit who haunted the depths of the Splatlands seas.
- Now, thanks to the courage and quick thinking of Splatsville youths who thought to start throwing bombs into their mouths, we know they're just Salmonids who got stuck in a pipe and coated in mud.
Names in other Languages
|Dutch||Uitbarstingen van Moddermuilen||Eruptions of Mudmouths|
|French (NOE)||émergence de salmonoïdes de boue||Rise of mud salmonids|
|Italian||Eruzioni di Fangonoidi||Mudmouth Eruptions|
|Russian||Появление илистого ревуна
Poyaleniye ilistogo revuna
From илистый прыгун ilistyy prygun (mudskipper) and ревун revun (howler)
ní guīyú pēnfā
ní guīyú pēnfā