|Level Unlocked||8 (Splatoon)
11 (Splatoon 2)
|Sub Weapon|| Sprinkler (Splatoon)
Autobomb (Splatoon 2)
|Special Weapon|| Inkstrike (Splatoon)
Tenta Missiles (Splatoon 2)
|“||Complete your retro style with an N-Zap. What's your pick, 85 or 89?||”|
|“||A follow-up to the N-ZAP '85, now with a sleek orange paint job. The sub and special have changed too, but its popularity remains as high as ever.||”|
— In-game Description
|“||Ah yes, the N-ZAP ‘89. This is quite simply an N-ZAP '85 that was redesigned for… well, definitely not legal reasons. No siree. Nothing to see here. Lawyers definitely did not have anything to do with this. It includes a Sprinkler to rapidly increase your turf, allowing you to fire off remarkably fast Inkstrikes! This set is excellent at striking where the foe least expects it. Good for lone wolves and those nostalgic for the good ol’ days! The N-ZAP ’89 is available now!||”|
Ah yes, the N-ZAP '89. This is quite simply an N-ZAP '85 that was redesigned for... legal reasons. It includes a Sprinkler to rapidly increase your turf, allowing you to fire off remarkably fast Inkstrikes!
This set is excellent at striking where the foe least expects it. Good for lone wolves!
Ah yes, the N-ZAP '89. This is simply a redecorated version of the N-ZAP '85.
Overall, this set is excellent at striking where the foe least expects it. Perfect for lone wolves!
This article or section discusses unreleased content. Information is subject to change. Please review our policy on rumors and leaks before adding leaked information.
The N-ZAP '89 remains similar to the N-Zap '85, albeit with a much less support oriented set. Instead the set is more aggressive, with an Autobomb Sub Weapon and a Tenta Missiles Special Weapon. It is currently unreleased, and will be added in an update.
- ▲ Walk speed while firing increased by 11%.
- ▲ The radius of the droplets that fall before the shot hits has been increased by about 7%.
- ▲ Intervals between the droplets that fall before the shot hits have been reduced.
- ▲ Special gauge loss: 50% → as low as 40%
- Similar to the N-ZAP '85, the N-ZAP '89 is based on the American version of the NES Zapper, which was made orange in May of 1989 after the Federal Energy Management Improvement Act of 1988 was passed, requiring toy guns to look drastically different from real guns. This is referenced in Sheldon's description of the weapon, stating the design had to be changed due to "legal reasons".
- This is the first weapon released that is a re-skin of another DLC weapon.
An Inkling running with the N-ZAP '89.
N-ZAP '89 is a shortened form of NES Zapper 1989. '89 is based on the year the second, orange NES Zapper model was released.
The N-ZAP '89 has the same name origin in all regions.
Names in other languages
|Japanese||N-ZAP89||Shortened form of "NES Zapper 1989". Same as English name.|
|French||N-ZAP 89||Same as English name.|
|German||N-ZAP89||Same as English name.|
|Italian||N-ZAP89||Same as English name.|
|Spanish||N-ZAP 89||Same as English name.|