Respawn Punisher increases the respawn time and the amount of Special Gauge that is lost to both the user and opponents defeated by a Respawn Punisher user. The effects of Quick Respawn are nullified by 85% if the person with Quick Respawn is defeated by a Repsawn Punisher user.
|“||You and your defeated enemy's special gauge penalty and respawn time increase.||”|
— In-game description, translated.(JP)[a]
This ability is found as the main ability only on clothing, so other abilities found only on clothing are mutually exclusive with it; in other words players cannot have them together. These abilities are Ability Doubler, Haunt, Ninja Squid, and Thermal Ink. In addition, since wearing the Splatfest Tee with Ability Doubler is mandatory during a Splatfest, these abilities cannot be used for the duration of those events.
Respawn Punisher is the main ability of:
|For||Respawn time||Special Gauge lost|
|A player splatted without the ability||8.5 seconds||50%|
|An enemy splatted by a user of the ability||9.25 seconds||65%|
|A user of the ability splatted by an enemy||9.67 seconds||72.5%|
|A user of the ability splatted by another user||10.4 seconds||87.5%|
- Respawn Punisher has a stronger effect on the user than on the enemy, as shown in the table above. The penalties will also stack if the user is splatted by another user of the ability.
- Respawn Punisher nullifies the effect of the opponent's Quick Respawn by 85% and Special Saver by 30%.
- Respawn Punisher has no effect on assists. The user must land the final blow that splats the enemy for there to be an effect.
- Respawn Punisher does not affect respawn time if the user drowns or falls out of bounds, but still has its normal Special Gauge effects.
- The strength of Respawn Punisher does not decline with repeated deaths or splats.
- Haunters can cause similar effects by killing the opponent that triggered the ability. However, the player wearing Haunt must be the one who gets the kill or there will be no penalty.
A chart showing the effect of Respawn Punisher and Special Saver.
|This article or section needs more images!|
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
Names in other languages
Fukkatsu Penaruti Appu
|Respawn Penalty Up|
|French||Retour perdant||Losing return|
|Spanish||Castigo póstumo||Posthumous punishment|
- TheTozotube - Splatoon 2 - FULL Respawn Punisher Analysis (Heavily detailed + numbers!)
- Testing was done on the Inkademy server on Discord. Published on 11/29/2017 in the #mechanics-research channel. Information was obtained on version 2.0.0.
|This article or section is a stub.|
You can help the wiki by to it.