Respawn Punisher increases the respawn time and the amount of Special Gauge that is lost to both the user and opponents defeated by a Respawn Punisher user.
|“||You and your defeated enemy's special gauge penalty and respawn time increase.||”|
— In-game description, translated.(JP)
This ability is found as the main ability only on clothing, so other abilities found only on clothing are mutually exclusive with it; in other words players cannot have them together. These abilities are Ability Doubler, Haunt, Ninja Squid, and Thermal Ink. In addition, since wearing the Splatfest Tee is mandatory during a Splatfest, these abilities cannot be used for the duration of those events.
Respawn Punisher is the main ability of:
|For||Respawn time||Special Gauge lost|
|A player splatted without the ability||8.4 seconds||50%|
|An enemy splatted by a user of the ability||9.2 seconds||65%|
|A user of the ability splatted by an enemy||9.6 seconds||72.5%|
|A user of the ability splatted by another user||9.6 seconds||72.5%|
- Respawn Punisher has a stronger effect on the user than on the enemy, as shown in the table above.
- If both the user and an enemy are wearing Respawn Punisher, the effects will be the same as if just the user is wearing the ability.
- Respawn Punisher has no effect on assists. The user must land the final blow that splats the enemy for there to be an effect.
- Respawn Punisher does not affect respawn time if the user drowns or falls out of bounds, but still has its normal Special Gauge effects.
- The strength of Respawn Punisher does not decline with repeated deaths or splats.
- Respawn Punisher's special penalty (-15%/-22.5%) is applied after the effects of Special Saver are applied.
- Respawn Punisher does not affect an enemy that splats the user and dies afterwards.
A chart showing the effect of Respawn Punisher and Special Saver.
|This article or section needs more images!|
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
- ▲ Increased the reduction of a defeated opponent’s special gauge when they respawn from 5% to 15%.
- ▼ Increased the reduction of the user’s special gauge when respawning from 7.5% to 22.5%.
Names in other languages
Fukkatsu Penaruti Appu
|Respawn Penalty Up|
|French||Retour perdant||Return loser|
|Spanish||Castigo póstumo||Posthumous punishment|
- TheTozotube - Splatoon 2 - FULL Respawn Punisher Analysis (Heavily detailed + numbers!)
- Testing was done on the Inkademy server on Discord. Published on 11/29/2017 in the #mechanics-research channel. Information was obtained on version 2.0.0.
|Abilities in Splatoon 2|
| This article or section is a stub.|
You can help the wiki by to it.