Respawn Punisher increases the respawn time and the amount of Special Gauge that is lost to both the user and opponents defeated by a Respawn Punisher user. If the opponent has Quick Respawn on their gear, the effects are nullified by 85%, if applicable.
|“||You and your defeated enemy's special gauge penalty and respawn time increase.||”|
— In-game description, translated.(JP)[a]
This ability is found as the main ability only on clothing, so other abilities found only on clothing are mutually exclusive with it; in other words players cannot have them together. These abilities are Ability Doubler, Haunt, Ninja Squid, and Thermal Ink. In addition, since wearing the Splatfest Tee is mandatory during a Splatfest, these abilities cannot be used for the duration of those events.
Respawn Punisher is the main ability of:
|For||Respawn time||Special Gauge lost|
|A player splatted without the ability||8.5 seconds||50%|
|An enemy splatted by a user of the ability||9.2 seconds||65%|
|A user of the ability splatted by an enemy||9.6 seconds||72.5%|
|A user of the ability splatted by another user||10.3 seconds||87.5%|
- Respawn Punisher has a stronger effect on the user than on the enemy, as shown in the table above.
- Respawn Punisher's special penalty (-15%/-22.5%) is applied after the effects of Special Saver are applied.
- If both the user and an enemy are wearing Respawn Punisher, the effects of being splatted by an opponent with Respawn Punisher, and the penalty of being splatted while having Respawn Punisher will stack.
- Respawn Punisher has no effect on assists. The user must land the final blow that splats the enemy for there to be an effect.
- Respawn Punisher does not affect respawn time if the user drowns or falls out of bounds, but still has its normal Special Gauge effects.
- The strength of Respawn Punisher does not decline with repeated deaths or splats.
- Respawn Punisher only applies the nullification effect of Quick Respawn on opponents. If the user has Quick Respawn, no additional penalty, aside from the additional respawn time already added by Respawn Punisher itself, is applied.
- Respawn Punisher does not affect an enemy that splats the user and dies afterwards. As of 3.0.0, Haunt now applies this effect.
A chart showing the effect of Respawn Punisher and Special Saver.
|This article or section needs more images!
You can help the wiki by to keep it looking fresh!
Names in other languages
Fukkatsu Penaruti Appu
|Respawn Penalty Up|
|French||Retour perdant||Losing return|
|Spanish||Castigo póstumo||Posthumous punishment|
- TheTozotube - Splatoon 2 - FULL Respawn Punisher Analysis (Heavily detailed + numbers!)
- Testing was done on the Inkademy server on Discord. Published on 11/29/2017 in the #mechanics-research channel. Information was obtained on version 2.0.0.
|This article or section is a stub.
You can help the wiki by to it.