Righteous Rails Station
Righteous Rails Station is a mission in the Octo Expansion.
The player must ride rails while shooting all the crates. Not shooting a crate will lead to death, as some rails only appear after shooting all crates in a section.
Although there are no checkpoints, the level could be thought of as two sections. The first begins with Agent 8 using a Launchpad to jump onto a ride rail. This area's crates appear very sparsely, making it easy to find the crates and prepare. Along the way, some moving Octowashers serve as obstacles that Agent 8 must jump over.
The second section is much shorter, but the crates are also much closer together. Here, the Octowashers become even more aggressive, moving faster and in more challenging spots. Crates will be stacked on top of each other, so the player has to react quickly to beat the level. The section ends with a stack of four crates, and once all destroyed, Agent 8 completes the test.
C.Q. Cumber's Quotes
|“||Please destroy all 30 target crates.||”|
|“||If you miss even a single one, you won't be able to proceed.||”|
|“||Oh, and if you take any damage, the test will end. So take care.||”|
Cap'n Cuttlefish's Quotes
|“||There's the target! On the left!||”|
|“||Be careful of the moving Octowashers!||”|
- "Gnarly" and "righteous" are both eighties and nineties slang words meaning "cool".
- This station has bubbles and straws floating around in the background. In the past, bubbles were blown using a straw.
Names in other languages
Add/complete French, Italian, Russian and Spanish (NoA) translations
レールに乗って マト 全部こわせ！
Muri wa kinmotsu
Ringoda Iettō Eki[note 1]
Rēru ni notte mato zenbu kowase!
|Don't strain yourself too much|
Ringoda Ie Island Station
Ride the rails, and bust all the targets!
|Dutch||Tussen de regels surfen
Boven de wet
Surf over de rails en breek de kisten!
|Surfing between the lines[note 2]|
Above the law[note 3]
Surf on the rails and break the boxes
|French||Qui est au bout du fil ?
Détruis les cibles depuis les fils conducteurs !
|Who is on the phone?|
Destroy the targets from the wires!
|German||Ohne Netz und jeglichen Boden!
Zerstöre von den Surfschienen aus alle Ziele!
|Without a net and any floor!|
Destroy all targets on the surf rails!
|Italian||Cerca di non strafare
Cavalca le sparotaie e distruggi tutti i bersagli!
|Russian||...Диета — дело тонкое!
Плюхни все ящики с красконвейеров!
...Diyeta — delo tonkoye!
Plyukhni vse yashchiki s kraskonveyyerov!
|Spanish (NOA)||Tintarrieles de vértigo
Viaja por los rieles y destruye dianas.
|Spanish (NOE)||Tintarraíles de vértigo
Viaja por los raíles y destruye dianas.
|Dizzy Ink Rails|
Get around on the rails and destroy targets.
- A pun on "Ringo daietto" (apple diet). It was very popular in nineties Japan.
- Comes from "tussen de regels door lezen", a Dutch expression meaning "to understand the deeper meaning of a text", and "surfen" (to surf).
- Comes from "boven de wet staan", a Dutch expression meaning "to not be bound to the law". "Regels", in the subtitle, also means "rules", connecting the title and subtitle if translated like "surfing between the rules".
Octo Expansion Stations