Rumors and leaks
|We have a leak!|
There are a few rumors and leaks regarding Splatoon content. Some are created by the community with others being sparked by the developers themselves.
- 1 Ongoing
- 2 Confirmed
- 3 Busted
- 4 References
This is a list of rumors and leaks that have neither been confirmed true nor false.
OatmealDome Leak on Reddit
In August 2017, reddit user OatmealDome made two posts with datamined information from Splatoon 2 which had not been officially revealed at the time. Many upcoming Splatoon 2 weapons and gear have been found in the game's files.
Already disproven or changed
So far, there are a few instances of the final in-game information being different from the datamined values, usually special gauge size. This is due to Nintendo continuing to make changes to weapon sets before unlocking them.*
- The Splattershot had its special weapon changed from Tenta Missiles to Splashdown.
- The Splat Roller had its sub weapon changed from Curling Bomb to Suction Bomb for the Splatoon 2 Global Testfire, then back to Curling Bomb for the release.*
- The Gold Dynamo Roller had its sub weapon changed from Toxic Mist to Splat Bomb, and had its special gauge size increased from 180p to 200p.
- The Hydra Splatling had its special weapon changed from Ink Armor to Splashdown, and had its special gauge size decreased from 190p to 180p.
- The Inkbrush Nouveau had its special gauge size decreased from 180p to 160p.
- The N-ZAP '89 had its special gauge size increased from 180p to 190p.
- The Octobrush Nouveau had its special gauge size decreased from 180p to 170p.
- The Dapple Dualies Nouveau had their special gauge size decreased from 180p to 170p.
- The .52 Gal Deco had its special gauge size increased from 180p to 190p.
- The .96 Gal Deco had its special gauge size increased from 180p to 190p.
- The Custom Goo Tuber had its special gauge size decreased from 180p to 170p.
- The Dark Tetra Dualies had their special gauge size decreased from 180p to 170p.
- The H-3 Nozzlenose D had its sub weapon changed from Sprinkler to Suction Bomb*.
- The Zink Mini Splatling had its special gauge size increased from 180p to 200p*.
- The Sorella Brella had its sub weapon changed from Toxic Mist to Autobomb*.
- The Clash Blaster Neo had its sub weapon changed from Sprinkler to Burst Bomb for the Version 3.0.0 preview video, then to Curling Bomb for the release*.
- The Tri-Slosher Nouveau had its special changed from Autobomb Launcher to Ink Storm*.
- The Custom Range Blaster had its sub weapon changed from Burst Bomb to Curling Bomb and its special weapon changed from Sting Ray to Bubble Blower*
- The Custom Dualie Squelchers had their special weapon changed from Ink Armor to Sting Ray for the Version 3.0.0 preview video, then to Ink Storm for the release and its special gauge size increased from 180p to 190p*.
- The Rapid Blaster Pro Deco had its sub weapon changed from Curling Bomb to Splash Wall*.
- The Carbon Roller Deco had its sub weapon changed from Sprinkler to Burst Bomb and its special weapon from Inkjet to Autobomb Launcher and its special gauge size increased from 170p to 190p*.
- The Tenta Sorella Brella had its special weapon changed from Ink Armor to Curling-Bomb Launcher*.
- The Custom Hydra Splatling had its special weapon changed from Splashdown to Ink Armor*.
- The Light Tetra Dualies had its special weapon changed from Splat-Bomb Launcher to Autobomb Launcher*.
- The Custom Explosher had its sub weapon changed from Autobomb to Point Sensor.
- The Ballpoint Splatling Nouveau had its special weapon changed from Splashdown to Ink Storm.
- The Bloblobber Deco had its sub weapon changed from Fizzy Bomb to Sprinkler.
- The Nautilus 79 had its special weapon changed from Ink Armor to Inkjet, its sub weapon changed from Splat Bomb to Suction Bomb, and its brand changed from Foil to Ammo Knights.
- The Red Hi-Tops had their main ability changed from Ink Saver (Main) to Ink Resistance Up.
- Playable male and female Octolings, including different player model types for girls and boys. This was added as part of the Octo Expansion.
- A new Ranked mode in the game files. The description given was vague, but the details make it clear that this later became Clam Blitz. The new actor and weapon types are the Clams and Power Clams, being throwable and following the player around.
- A new Salmon Run stage internally named "Shakehouse" later became Lost Outpost.
- A new stage internally named "Pillar" became Manta Maria.
- Kelp Dome as a returning stage.
- A new stage internally named "Kawa" (the Japanese word for 'river') became Snapper Canal.
- Blackbelly Skatepark as a returning stage.
- A new Salmon Run stage internally named "Threepoints" became Salmonid Smokeyard.
- A new stage internally named "Line" became MakoMart.
- A new stage internally named "Tunnel" became Shellendorf Institute.
Confirmed returning weapons and variants
- Inkbrush Nouveau*
- Slosher Deco
- N-ZAP '89*
- Gold Dynamo Roller*
- Hydra Splatling*
- Custom Jet Squelcher
- Octobrush Nouveau*
- L-3 Nozzlenose D
- .52 Gal Deco*
- Rapid Blaster Deco
- .96 Gal Deco*
- Sloshing Machine Neo
- Luna Blaster Neo
- Neo Sploosh-o-matic
- H-3 Nozzlenose D*
- Zink Mini Splatling*
- Tri-Slosher Nouveau*
- Custom Range Blaster*
- Neo Splash-o-matic
- New Squiffer
- Rapid Blaster Pro Deco*
- Carbon Roller Deco*
- Bamboozler 14 Mk II
- Custom Hydra Splatling*
Confirmed new weapons and variants
- Glooga Dualies
- Foil Flingza Roller
- Dapple Dualies Nouveau*
- Custom Goo Tuber*
- Dark Tetra Dualies*
- Sorella Brella*
- Clash Blaster Neo*
- Foil Squeezer
- Glooga Dualies Deco
- Custom Dualie Squelchers*
- Undercover Sorella Brella
- Tenta Sorella Brella*
- Light Tetra Dualies*
- Grizzco Blaster
- Grizzco Brella
- Grizzco Charger
Confirmed returning gear
- Streetstyle Cap
- Two-Stripe Mesh
- Short Beanie
- Sporty Bobble Hat
- Jungle Hat
- Classic Straw Boater
- Treasure Hunter
- Designer Headphones
- Stealth Goggles
- Skate Helmet
- Paisley Bandana
- B-ball Headband
- Golf Visor
- Gas Mask
- Squid-Stitch Cap
- White Arrowbands
- Squid Nordic
- Jogging Headband
- Banana Basics
- Cream Hi-Tops
- Custom Trail Boots
- Icy Down Boots
- LE Lo-Tops
- Punk Yellows
- Red Work Boots
- Roasted Brogues
- Yellow Seahorses
Shown in the Nintendo Direct on 8 March 2018, but not yet in-game:
Neither confirmed nor disproved yet
- A new or scrapped special weapon, internally named "Bazooka". This is not the Inkzooka, which was internally named 'SuperShot'.
- Flounder Heights as a returning stage.
- A new Ranked mode, codenamed "Rocket", with a unique object (vRocket) and weapon (vRocketNozzle). Hacking a work-in-progress version into the game shows a mode where a rocket object that is launched by shooting ink at it and an ink pump weapon that can be used to continue advancing once control of the rocket is gained.
15 March 2018 Update
On 15 March 2018, LeanYoshi, who performed the data mining for weapon stats, has updated the weapon loadouts for all previously leaked weapons:
|Custom Range Blaster||180p|
|Clash Blaster Neo||180p|
|Custom Dualie Squelchers||180p|
|Custom Hydra Splatling||180p|
|Carbon Roller Deco||170p|
|H-3 Nozzlenose D||190p|
|Zink Mini Splatling||200p|
|Bamboozler 14 Mk II||160p|
|Rapid Blaster Pro Deco||180p|
|Over the following weeks, LeanYoshi has updated the database with the two following weapons:|
|Undercover Sorella Brella||180p|
| Tenta Sorella Brella
(Collaboration with Inkline)
24 April 2018 Update
On 24 April 2018, LeanYoshi updated the data with a few more changes, as well as updating the database with the Version 3.0.0 changes:
|Carbon Roller Deco||Sub weapon|
|Custom Dualie Squelchers||Special weapon|
|Tenta Sorella Brella||Special weapon|
|Updates to released content|
Hero Blaster Replica
| Heavy Splatling
Hero Splatling Replica
|Slosher Deco||Special points||200||220|
|Luna Blaster Neo||Special points||180||170|
|Zink Mini Splatling||Special points||200||190|
|Clash Blaster Neo||Special points||180||170|
12 July 2018 Update
"Mirror" and Ancho-V Games datamine
- "Mirror" would be similar to Saltspray Rig with mirror symmetry (with the Splat Zone, Tower, and Rainmaker appearing on the line of symmetry), but is not actually Saltspray Rig as its codename in Splatoon is "SeaPlant". The map appears to be based on a theater due to the test object names.
- For Ancho-V Games, the beginning areas of the map have been redesigned with the Spawn Point is placed further back, and a Sponge was added.
WemI0 3.0.0 datamine
On 26 April 2018, Twitter user WemI0 preformed a datamine of Version 3.0.0 in Splatoon 2 and found several models for gear, weapons, and more:
Most gear does not have an icon in game but still has a model for them.
Salmon Run Gear
These gear pieces will be part of the monthly Salmon Run gear rewards.
- The Octoling set: Octoling Goggles, Octoling Armor, Octoling Boots.
- New Salmon Run headgear labeled "Hed_COP103", which has the appearance of a beekeeping mask.
- Two new Salmon Run clothing labeled ""Clt_COP107" and "Clt_COP108". "Clt_COP107" appears to be a store clerk's apron with a name tag, while "Clt_COP108" has the appearance of a gym tracksuit with a card on a necklace and a name pin.
- The return of the Octoshot Replica.
- New Grizzco-brand weapon, the Grizzco Slosher.
- A new slosher-type weapon codenamed "Washtub".
- A new splatling-type weapon codenamed "Downpour".
- The textured model shows that this weapon is a Foil weapon.
- A charger based on Marie's charger she used in Octo Canyon.
Textured "Dowpour" showing the Foil logo.
A new stage internally named "Nakasu".
- A slosher codenamed "Washtub" that later became the Explosher.
- A slosher codenamed "Bathtub" that became the Bloblobber.
- Fires three balls that bound off walls and floors like the Octotrooper bullets in Octo Canyon. Middle projectile is larger and does up to 70 damage, side projectiles are smaller and do up to 35.
- The weapon was hacked into the game and can be seen in a demo video
- First set: Splash Wall, Ink Storm.
- Second set: New "Piyo" Sub Weapon, Suction Bomb Launcher.
- A splatling codenamed "Serein" that became the Nautilus 47.
- A splatling codenamed "Downpour" that became the Ballpoint Splatling.
On June 13, WemI0 datamined Version 3.1.0 and found new details about gear, weapons, and maps.
- Two new Salmon Run Rewards.
- The cap used while playing Salmon Run.
- A white Do-Rag that became the Worker's Head Towel.
- Four new weapons.
- The new map: New Albacore Hotel (originally codenamed "Nakasu").
- An entirely new sub weapon, the Fizzy Bomb (originally codenamed "Wsb_Piyo").
- When thrown, it leaves a trail before quickly exploding once it hits the ground. It can be charged to add bombs which come after the initial explosion.
- A new special weapon, the Booyah Bomb (originally codenamed "SuperBall").
- When used, a ball held by the player appears and it gets bigger and bigger. When thrown, it explodes like an Inkstrike, damaging or splatting all the enemies in the explosion. Further information from Squid Research Lab revealed its ability to accelerate the charging sequence by using the "Booyah!" signal, which will also refill teammates' special meters when they "Booyah!".
On 9 June 2018, Twitter user Simonx22 datamined a new Ranked game mode codenamed "Eight-Ball" and posted a video showing it off.
- Each team must move the Eight-Ball toward the opposing team's Eight-Ball platform to win.
- The Eight-Ball can be moved by the player's ink, similar to the Eight-Balls now in Octo Expansion.
- Points are gained by moving the ball towards the opponents' goal.
- A knockout occurs when the team gets the Eight-Ball onto the opposing team's platform.
This is a list of rumors or leaks that have been confirmed to be true.
Prima Strategy Guide "Coming Soon" section
- Weapons: Carbon Roller, Custom E-liter 3K, E-liter 3K Scope, Inkbrush, L-3 Nozzlenose, N-ZAP '85, N-ZAP '89, Rapid Blaster Deco and Splash-o-matic.
- Stages: Bluefin Depot, Kelp Dome, Camp Triggerfish, and Port Mackerel.
There are also two images of Tower Control.
Datamine DLC leak
NWPlayer123 datamined Splatoon and leaked information about upcoming weapons, stages, and modes. Also, some pictures and explanations were shown about the new Ranked modes, Tower Control and Rainmaker.
The leaker also uploaded a video of the Sploosh-o-matic, one of the leaked unreleased weapons, after using live memory edits to add it in.
The following content was revealed due to this datamine:
- Neo Splash-o-matic
- N-ZAP '89
- Custom Dual Squelcher
- Luna Blaster
- Carbon Roller
- E-liter 3K Scope
- Rainmaker's description and gameplay mechanics.
Version 2.0.0 Datamining
After the release of Version 2.0.0 of Splatoon, NWPlayer123 and Guy Perfect once again dug into the data and found more information regarding unreleased content, including weapons, stages, gear, character models and game modes.
Sloshing Machine Datamining
Squid Sisters amiibo
A Twitter post by NWPlayer123 on 30 January 2016 showed the results of continued datamining as new amiibo coming for Splatoon, called "AmiiboIdolA" and "AmiiboIdolB" in the game's files. It was believed they could be Squid Sisters amiibo, hence the names.
On 30 April 2016, SplatoonJP finally announced that Squid Sisters' amiibo will be released on 7 July 2016.
This is a list of rumors and leaks that have been confirmed false.
On the 9 June 2015, the official Splatoon Facebook page made a joke post referencing how some Facebook users accidentally type Google search queries on their Facebook profiles. This joke, however, sparked curiosity among fans, as the "search" was for "Squid Jump cheats". Naturally, Nintendo staff themselves would not be searching for cheat codes on a game made by their company, meaning the post was placed there on purpose, likely to hint players about the existence of a code hidden inside the game.
On top of this, the official Splatoon Tumblr account made a post about how players can press on the Plaza to look around, and how this serves the additional purpose of getting information on Miiverse posts. It also mentioned that it "may also have another use", which remains unknown to this day. 
As of yet, no code has been found, and it is unknown if there is any relation between the arrows, the rumored code, and the rumored extra function of , or if any secret exists to begin with. Players have since been attempting to figure something out by input the arrow's directions during different parts of the game, mostly the Squid Jump minigame, but without luck.
Super Mario Sunshine DLC
There was a "leak" on the internet that Super Mario Sunshine amiibo DLC was coming to Splatoon. Only a single image existed regarding this supposed leak. It has since been proven fake, with the author of the leak releasing the images they used to create it.
New Super Mario Sunshine DLC
During July, a new Super Mario Sunshine amiibo DLC rumor with several images was found. These images supposedly depicted new Sunshine-related gear and Octo Valley missions. The supposed announcement date passed, and nothing like it was added, confirming it as false.
- First post by OatmealDome
- Second post by OatmealDome
- Splatoon 2 Data
- Simon1844 on Twitter
- Third post by OatmealDome
- Tweets by LeanYoshi: , , 
- Light Tetra Dualies Update
- Maps Blog post
- Tweets by WemI0: Gear: , , , , , ,  Weapons: , , ,, , ,  Map: 
- LeanYoshi's Tweets: , 
- Salmon Run Rewards
- Exploshers and Ballpoint Splatlings
- New Albacore Hotel
- Wsb_Piyo Sub
- Eight Ball in action
- CONFIRMED: Splatoon DLC NEW MAPS, WEAPONS, GAME MODES! - Official Prima Game Guide by Everything Amiibo
- NWPlayer123's Pastebin
- Sploosh-o-matic in action
- Nintendo Everything – Rumor: New amiibo references spotted within Splatoon's files, possibly Squid Sisters
- Reddit post with a player noticing the arrows
- The official Splatoon Facebook page's "Squid Jump cheats" post
- Official Splatoon Tumblr page's post about the ZR button
- Reddit post with players' attempts to use the code in various places of the game
- Squidboards thread about the Super Mario Sunshine leak's reveal