During Rush, the only Lesser Salmonid that spawns is the Chum. The chum have red eyes and get a massive boost in speed, power, and numbers. Glowflies will surround one player at a time, causing all Salmonids to focus on that player. Snatchers will also spawn to take the Golden Eggs.
Goldies are the only Boss Salmonids to appear, and will behave the same as the Chum. When the Goldies are splatted, their golden eggs will spread out farther than usual, making them harder to collect safely.
This event can only be experienced if every player in the group is at least Part Timer, and cannot occur during low tide. The maximum number of enemies that can appear on the map ranges from 19 to 32 based on the difficulty level, where Chums spawn every 10 frames between Part Timer to Overachiever and past Profreshional 100, with Profreshional 0 - 99 having it decreased to 5 frames. Goldies appear on every 20th spawn.
Salmonid Field Guide
The following text is quoted from the Salmonid Field Guide.
- What Happens
- Large groups of ferocious Salmonids appear and carry out rush attacks at furious speed.
- These crazed Salmonids gather in response to the appearance of Glowflies.
- How to Get Golden Eggs
- Take out the Goldie hidden in the school of Salmonids.
- Advice from Mr. Grizz
- Stand your ground with your allies and concentrate your fire on the incoming Salmonids!
- Watch out for the Glowflies—if they buzz around you, a concentrated attack won't be far behind.
- Supplementary Information
- It is claimed that the Salmonids' increased aggression is tied somehow to gravitational shifts due to the planet's celestial course, but there is still much that is unclear.
- It is said that in pre-medieval times, before effective defense measures such as long-range ink attacks were available, many cities fell before the rage of the Salmonid rush.
- The player being targeted should try to funnel the Salmonids into a choke point to help their team dispatch them faster.
- There is no reason for the crew to separate during this event. Stick together near the Egg Basket.
- It is possible to cling to a tall wall to stall the Salmonid rush, making it possible for teammates to safely deposit Golden Eggs to the basket. But the Salmonids are able to climb walls and attack if the targeted player waits too long, so therefore it is recomemnded to cling to a wall that has a platform above within reach, as the Salmonids gather below.
- All Rollers are able to crush the Chums from the Rush in one hit, where the Dynamo Roller deals the most damage with 400, making it easier to crush Goldies with 500 HP. The Rollers hit regardless of their speed, but consume less ink the slower they go, making it more favored to roll forward as slowly as possible.
Names in other languages
|More brutal Salmonids|