Slosher (weapon class)
Sloshers are one of the main weapon classifications in the Splatoon series. These bucket-like weapons either hurl a mass of ink that falls on anything below its path, or arc projectiles straight ahead at a long range, and can be used to splat opponents high up or on the other side of an obstacle or ledge.
List of sloshers
Note: The series are arranged by the order of their respective Tableturf Battle cards.
|A standard slosher, with balanced performance.||Slosher||✓||✓||✓|
|Hero Slosher Replica||✓|
|The Tri-Slosher throws ink in three directions simultaneously. Compared to the standard Slosher, it has a higher firing rate, but less damage output and less range.||Tri-Slosher||✓||✓||✓|
|The Sloshing Machine launches a small mortar-like glob that is trailed by a vortex of ink. The vortex has a small splash damage radius, while the glob itself does higher damage, with a smaller hitbox.||Sloshing Machine||✓||✓||✓|
|Sloshing Machine Neo||✓||✓||✓|
|Kensa Sloshing Machine||✓|
|The Bloblobber is a long-ranged slosher. This bathtub of a slosher fires a line of four bubbles which will bounce along the ground and can even reflect on walls. It's also the only slosher that can splat in one swing.||Bloblobber||✓||✓|
|The Explosher shoots an accurate, slow, long-range projectile that explodes on impact with solid surfaces. Uniquely, the projectile can keep moving even after hitting an enemy.||Explosher||✓||✓|
|The Dread Wringer fires two sloshes at once which can deal a high amount of damage, but its swings are slow.||Dread Wringer||✓|
- Inkling Girl: Brings fist down then pumps it into the air, throws their weapon into the air while doing a jumping 360, before catching their weapon and spinning it on their right finger.
- Inkling Boy: Same as Inking Girl.
- Both genders throw a fit and throw their weapon up into the air in frustration, leading them to fall to the ground and their weapon to land on their head, making them hold their head in pain and then have a disappointed expression.
In Ammo Knights (Clicking ):
- Inklings: Same as Splatoon 2 except both genders raise their weapon the same height.
Spawning in before a match starts:
- Both Inklings and Octolings raise their weapon a bit while briefly smiling.
- Inklings: They spin their weapon on their finger for a moment until grabbing it and dunking it on the ground before sitting on it.
- Octoling Girl: Has her weapon on the ground and walks around it to kneel down on it at an angle.
- Octoling Boy: Similar to the Octoling Girl's, but is facing straight forward.
- Inklings: Similar to their Roller animation, but hold their weapon in their arm.
- Octoling Girl: Lets her weapon fall to the ground before falling forward while looking towards the ground.
- Octoling Boy: Same as Octoling Girl except he falls backward.
In Ammo Knights (Clicking ):
- Inkling Girl: Looks towards the back rim of the weapon, raises the weapon up and taps it twice on the bottom, then holds it in her right hand and looks it over.
- Inkling Boy: Same as Inkling Girl except he raises the weapon higher.
- Octolings: Set weapon on the floor and look at it from side to side, put their finger up to their chin as if thinking, before standing back up and returning to idle.
- All styles: Stands in a knelt position while holding their weapon.
- Flip Out: Sets the weapon spinning, then grabs it, does a spinning backflip, and poses in a three-point landing with the weapon held behind them.
- Reppin' Inkopolis: The player pumps their left fist twice. They throw their Slosher in the air, catch it, toss it again, balance it on their right index finger, and begin spinning it around.
|“||Squid Research Lab with a report on sloshers that's overflowing with info! Far from being glorified buckets, sloshers are tactically advanced weapons that allow precise targeti- Ah... excuse me. I'm being told by the Bucket Logistics department that sloshers ARE glorified buckets.||”|
— @SplatoonNA on Twitter
- Sloshers have a unique animation when using the "Come On!"(NA)[a] or "To Me!"(EU/OC)[b] signals where the Inkling will quickly swing the Slosher in a circular motion several times.
- There are no Sloshers with Sprinklers, Suction Bombs, Ink Mines, or Squid Beakons as their sub weapon.
- There are no Sloshers with the Killer Wail as their special weapon.
- Datamining Version 2.0.0 revealed the Slosher, Tri-Slosher, and Sloshing Machine were initially going to be called the Bloblobber, the Triple Bloblobber, and the Bomblobber respectively.
- No sloshers have heavy special depletion.
- There are no sloshers with the sub weapon Curling Bomb, Squid Beakon, Toxic Mist, or Torpedo.
- There are no sloshers with the special weapon Inkjet, Booyah Bomb, or Ultra Stamp.
The Slosher Deco.
The Soda Slosher.
The Tri-Slosher Nouveau.
The Sloshing Machine.
The Sloshing Machine Neo.
Promo renders for Splatoon 2
Promotional renders for Splatoon 3
Tableturf Battle cards for Splatoon 3
Names in other languages
|Spanish||Derramatic||From derramar ("to pour") + automático ("automatic").|
pō tǒng (Mandarin)
- North America
- Europe and Oceania
- From the official Chinese release of The Art of Splatoon