Splatoon 2 Global Testfire
The Splatoon 2 Global Testfire was a free Splatoon 2 demo available on the Nintendo eShop and was the successor to the Splatoon Global Testfire. It allowed players to engage in free four-versus-four Turf War at scheduled times ahead of the release of the game. It was available for download as early as 14 March 2017 but server connection was not possible before the event.
A later Splatoon 2 demo, the Splatoon 2 Splatfest World Premiere, was released in July 2017.
During the Global Testfire, players were able to enter online matches of Turf War and use either the Splat Dualies, Splattershot, Splat Roller, or Splat Charger. Playable stages included The Reef and Musselforge Fitness. The Inklings players were able to play as wore a preset of different outfits that are from the same ones on promotional images and renders. All headgear had Ink Recovery Up, all clothing had Quick Respawn, and all shoes had Special Saver.
All eight hairstyles in the final release before Version 2.0.0 were represented, and the Inkling with each hairstyle wore a unique set of gear, shown below.
- "Topknot" hair with Bucket Hat, Matcha Down Jacket, Black Dakroniks
- "Slick" hair with Squidfin Hook Cans, Black V-Neck Tee, Yellow-Mesh Sneakers
- "Buzz-cut" hair with Takoroka Visor, Takoroka Windcrusher, Neon Delta Straps
- "Hipster" hair with Half-Rim Glasses, Hula Punk Shirt, Piranha Moccasins
- "Hippie" hair with Hockey Helmet, Inkopolis Squaps Jersey, Canary Trainers
- "Haircut" hair with Fake Contacts, White King Tank, Mint Dakroniks
- "Wave" hair with Knitted Hat, Shirt with Blue Hoodie, Smoky Wingtips
- "Double-Bun" hair with Painter's Mask, Pink Easy-Stripe Shirt, Hunting Boots
The Testfire was able to be played for one hour from each of the following times:
24 March 2017
25 March 2017
26 March 2017
- Players were able to start logging on to the Global Testfire as early as five minutes before the scheduled time. Some players were also able to get into matches a few minutes after the designated end time.
- This demo was localized into Russian and Dutch, a first in the series. This was also the only Splatoon application to have all localizations packaged into one download, without the need to download other versions from other regions.
- Unlike the Splatoon Global Testfire, which in all four weapons had the matching combinations as in the final release, only two weapons had matching combinations: the Splat Charger and the Splat Dualies.
Names in other languages
supuratūn 2 senkō shishakai
|Splatoon 2 Pre-firing|
|Dutch||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire|
|French||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire|
|German||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire|
|Italian||Testfire globale gratuito di Splatoon 2||Free global testfire to Splatoon 2|
|Russian||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire (Глобальные учения)
Splatoon 2 Global Testfire (Global'nyye ucheniya)
|Splatoon 2 Global Testfire (Global drills)|
|Spanish||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire|
|Portuguese||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire|
- Nintendo Switch owners get free preview of Splatoon 2 during Global Testfire (Archived)
- Pun of 試写会 (shishakai, preview)