Splatoon 2 Global Testfire
The Splatoon 2 Global Testfire was a free Splatoon 2 demo available on the Nintendo eShop and was the successor to the Splatoon Global Testfire. It allowed players to engage in free four-versus-four Turf War at scheduled times ahead of the release of the game. It was available for download before the scheduled times, but server connection was not possible beforehand.
During the Global Testfire, players were able to enter online matches of Turf War and use either the Splat Dualies, Splattershot, Splat Roller, or Splat Charger. Playable stages included The Reef and Musselforge Fitness. The Inklings players were able to play as wore a preset of different outfits that are from the same ones on promotional images and renders. All headgear had Ink Recovery Up, all clothing had Quick Respawn, and all shoes had Special Saver. All eight hairstyles in the final release before version 2.0.0 were represented, and the Inkling with each hairstyle wore a unique set of gear, shown below.
- Ponytail hairstyle from the first game: Bucket Hat, Matcha Down Jacket, Black Dakroniks
- Slicked back hairstyle: Squidfin Hook Cans, Black V-Neck Tee, Yellow-Mesh Sneakers
- Buzz cut hairstyle: Takoroka Visor, Takoroka Windcrusher, Neon Delta Straps
- Ponytail haistyle with left tentacle in front: Half-Rim Glasses, Hula Punk Shirt, Piranha Moccasins
- Long tentacled hairstyle from the first game: Hockey Helmet, Inkopolis Squaps Jersey, Canary Trainers
- Short tentacled hairstyle: Fake Contacts, White King Tank, Mint Dakroniks
- Sideswepped hairstyle: Knitted Hat, Shirt with Blue Hoodie, Smoky Wingtips
- Bun hairstyle: Painter's Mask, Pink Easy-Stripe Shirt, Hunting Boots
The Testfire was able to be played during the following times:
- Players were able to start log on to the Global Testfire as early as five minutes before the scheduled time. Some players were also able to get into matches a few minutes after the designated end time.
- This demo was localized into Russian and Dutch, a first in the series.
- Unlike the Splatoon Global Testfire, which in all four weapons had the matching combinations as in the final release, only two weapons had matching combinations: the Splat Charger and the Enperry Splat Dualies.
Names in other languages
|Preceding test firing|
|Dutch||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire|
|French||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire|
|German||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire|
|Italian||Testfire globale gratuito di Splatoon 2||Free global testfire to Splatoon 2|
|Russian||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire (Глобальные учения)
Splatoon 2 Global Testfire (Global'nyye ucheniya)
|Splatoon 2 Global Testfire (Global drills)|
|Spanish||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire|
|Portuguese||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire||Splatoon 2 Global Testfire|