|“||Watch those Spreaders headed your way!||”|
Spreaders are obstacles in Octo Valley in Splatoon, Octo Canyon, the Octo Expansion, and Shifty Station in Splatoon 2, and Return of the Mammalians in Splatoon 3.
Spreaders cover the area around them in ink (usually Octarian ink or sanitized ink) as they rotate or move horizontally across a surface. They never run out and cannot be destroyed, but their tops can be inked and stood on by the player. The missions Spreader Splatfest and Spinning Spreaders make heavy use of Spreaders, some of which are ridden by Octarians or have Balloon Fishes on them.
There is no way to directly take damage from Spreaders. Spreaders behave like Pinwheels, but Spreaders leave an ink trail behind them, while Pinwheels do not.
- Spreader Splatfest (Mission #7)
- Spinning Spreaders (Mission #18)
- Enter the Octohurler (Mission #4)
- E05 Hypercolor Station
- H05 Ink It Station
- I04 Can't Touch This Station
- Layout 5: Fancy Spew
- Layout 20: The Ink is Spreading
Return of the Mammalians
- When a Spreader is on a wall, the player can proceed quickly by throwing a Burst Bomb on the wall and pressing (Splatoon) or (Splatoon 2 and Splatoon 3) while swimming up the wall.
- If it is necessary, the player can stand on a spreader. This can be used to reveal secret locations, as seen in Enter the Octohurler.
Spreaders at The Ink is Spreading
Two spreaders in Octo Canyon.
A Spreader in Octo Expansion.
Three Spreaders on a Flooder.
Names in other languages
Nuri Nuri Bā
|Painting Painting Bar|