Stick 'n' Move Station
Stick 'n' Move Station is a test in Splatoon 2's paid downloadable content, the Octo Expansion. This station is unlocked after clearing Smash & Dash Station, Footloose Station, or Ink & Watch Station.
The player must ride a number of ride rails while shooting Ink Switches to avoid numerous Ink Pistons. To change the position of the Ink Pistons, one must shoot the ink switches. Depending on what section of the level a player is on, the ink pistons move in two ways, rotation and position. The first ride rail goes through multiple Ink Pistons that rotate out of the way when the assigned Ink Switch is shot. The second set of ride rails goes through sets of Ink Pistons that move apart from one another when the assigned Ink Switches are shot, and momentarily come back together when an Ink Switch is no longer being shot. The final ride rail wraps around a large mass of Ink Pistons that point outward toward the ride rail. The Ink Pistons rotate on the z axis, always making contact with the ride rail as it spins. One must stay clear of the Pistons by shooting the switches on the frame of the pistons as the player circles the mass on a grind rail.
Enemies and mechanics
C.Q. Cumber's Quotes
|“||This test involves navigating ride rails that pass through a series of ink sticks.||”|
|“||Ink switches will move only as much as they are shot.||”|
|“||Running into an ink stick while zipping along a ride rail will cause you to fall.||”|
Cap'n Cuttlefish's Quotes
|“||Like a hot knife through butter!||”|
|“||Just look at it spin... That thing is big.||”|
|“||You'll need to stop the rotation at just the right moment.||”|
|“||Oh, my... There are ink switches on that huge one too.||”|
|“||Look at you grabbing squid rings like it's nothing!||”|
|“||DING DING! You grabbed all the squid rings!||”|
|“||So much spinning!||”|
|“||Man, that thing was really going 'round and 'round!||”|
- The title is a reference to the 1979 film Rocky II, where boxing coach Tony Evers tells his disciple Apollo Creed to "stick and move" (meaning to punch and retreat quickly) in his fight against the eponymous character and the subtitle is a reference to Muhammad Ali's famous line about his boxing style, that he would "float like a butterfly, sting like a bee".
- Collecting all of the Squid Rings in a section will reward you with additional Power Eggs. 2 for the first, 4 for the second and last.
- This station has portable CD players, discs and cases, as well as RCA connectors floating around in the background.
- Bumpin' 8-Ball Station, Freakazoid Station, and Ink & Watch Station have RCA connectors, and Mad Props Station has portable CD players, discs, and cases floating around in the background as well.
- The Dutch, French, German, Italian, Latin American, and European Spanish title of this station allude to these music players and CDs.
Names in other languages
Semari kuru! Nurinuri bō ni
Bikku rakoi taeki
Yo kenagara gōru seyo!
|On a slimy ink stick|
Bikku rakoi Rice field Station
Go to the goal while avoiding!
|Dutch||Borstelen in alle hoekjes
De schijf van acht
Bereik het doel zonder geraakt te worden!
|Brushing in every little corner|
The disk of eight[note 2]
Reach the goal without getting hit!
|French||Les pistons de la mort qui tue
Place de la Disquorde
Esquive tous les dangers jusqu'à l'arrivée !
|The pistons of death that kill|
Square of Discord
Dodge all the hazards until the finish line!
|German||Wirble die Wirbelbürsten!
Lass dich auf dem Weg zum Ziel nicht treffen!
|Whirl the Whirlbrushes!|
Don't let yourself get hit on the way to the goal!
|Italian||Girotondo tra i CD
Fatti strada schivando ogni ostacolo!
|Round among the CDs|
Make your way dodging every obstacle!
Уклоняйся и доберись до цели!
Uklonyaysya i doberis' do tseli!
|..Sit down! Listen![note 3]|
Sitting Town Station
Dodge and reach the goal!
|Spanish (NOA)||Girando, volando
Esquiva obstáculos hasta llegar a la meta.
Dodge obstacles until you reach the goal.
|Spanish (NOE)||Octorrotadores por doquier
Esquiva obstáculos hasta llegar a meta.
Dodge obstacles until you reach the goal.
- ビック・ラコイ田 puns the expression びっくらこいた (Bikkurakoita) meaning I was suprised.
- Comes from "de schijf van vijf" (food pyramid), and "acht" (eight).
- This is a reference to the 90s Russian commercial "CD слушай" "CD slushay" ("listen the CDs") which has a pun based on the word "сиди" "sidi" (sit down) sounding similar to "CD".
Octo Expansion stations