Switch Pro Controller
The Switch Pro Controller is an optional accessory for the Switch that replaces the Wii U Pro Controller and has a very similar layout. It acts as a more conventional controller, and an alternative from the Joy-Cons. It has the new layout of the Joy Cons, with the and positions swapped compared from the Wii U GamePad and Wii U Pro Controller, a proper , NFC reader for Amiibo, motion controls and HD Rumble.
- Motion controls: By tilting the Switch Pro Controller up, down, left, and right, players are able to change their Inkling's view and aim.
- and : The stick is used primarily to move the player's Inkling forward, backward, left, and right. The stick, on the other hand, is used for more precise aiming, and controls which direction the player looks. Clicking it in will activates the players Special Weapon. The stick is used a lot in menus.
- : The button allows players to transform into squids. In this form, Inklings are able to move faster through their own ink and jump farther.
- : The button allows players to splatter ink using a variety of weapons. In Inkopolis Plaza, this button is used to zoom in on specific landmarks.
- : The button allows players to use a variety of sub weapons. These have various effects which range from allowing teammates to Super Jump to one's current location at any time, to a robot that tracks and tries to splat nearby opponents.
- : The button is used in menus to select specific actions and options.
- : The button causes the player's Inkling to jump button and is used in some menus to exit the current selection or action.
- : The button is used to bring up the map.
- : The button resets the camera angle, allowing for quick corrections. This feature is most commonly used alongside motion controls.
- : Up and down on the is used for Signals. On the map screen, holding while pressing Left, Right or Up on the Super Jumps to a specific Player and Down super jumps to the Spawn Point.
- NFC Pad: Used to read amiibo.
Splatoon 2 Edition
During the ARMS Direct the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller Splatoon 2 Edition was announced. The changes from the regular Pro Controller are the left handle is Green and the right handle is pink, similar to the also announced Neon Green and Neon Pink Joy-Cons. It also gains Splatoon designs on the front and back plates. It will release alongside Splatoon 2 on July 21st 2017, but North American or Australian release has not been announced.