Unfortunately, we don't have nearly as much information on Ink Theory as we do on some of the other bands in the Splatoon series, and that includes an exact confirmation on the species of some of the band members. However, five of them are pretty easy to guess. The trumpeter and kazooist are both pretty clearly Inklings, while the pianist appears to be a nautilus, and the drummers are a sea cucumber and urchin (Paracentrotus lividus?) respectively. However, the guitarist seems to be a bit harder to guess, but currently my bets are on her being Coelopleurus exquisitus, which is another type of urchin. Since a number of the sea creatures that appear in Splatoon are pretty heavily stylized, I'm not sure if I'm completely right, she could also be a heavily stylized octopus or something depending on how you interpret her hairstyle (think like the bassist in Chirpy Chips), but I'd like to know what you all think. ShinyCelesteela (talk) 21:32, 7 August 2018 (UTC)
Alright, since no one else has been adding the HaikaraWalker information, I decided to try translating it myself. Unfortunately, the best tool I have at my behest is Google Translate, and while I've tried heavily analyzing the descriptions for each member of the band, there's still a few lines I could be fuzzy on. If anyone with better translation skills than me is able to correct any mistakes I may have made, feel free to tell me, but here's roughly what I got for each member of the band:
- Trumpet: Her Japanese name is "ヨーコ" (Yoko). She is an Inkling with a mutation that lets her tentacles be different colors. Although she is the frontrunner of the band, her relationship with the other members is a bit hazy, and in both rain and sunshine, she is seen to feel a bit under the weather. Nonetheless, she always is able to give a solid performance. She has a younger sister in high school.
- Piano: Her Japanese name is "カレン" (Karen). She graduated at the top of her class, allowing her to participate in overseas competition and receive moral support from the rest of the band. While usually optimistic, she does occasionally about the band lacking motivation. She founded Ink Theory after being amazed by the music of Hightide Era.
- Drums: Her Japanese name is "きたむら" (Kitamura). She serves as the band's mascot, and has a high singing voice. She has a calm personality, and lives by herself, paying close attention to her curfew.
- Bass: Her Japanese name is "あーちん" (Aachin). She grew up in a strict household, preferring contemporary music herself, but growing to appreciate classical music over time, at the request of her parents. She currently is in an unhealthy relationship with her boyfriend.
- Kazoo: Her Japanese name is "ビビ" (Bibi). She is generally less wealthy than the other people attending her music school, which has a high rate of rejection, causing others to believe it is a waste of money. However, she has never struggled much with money herself.
- Exotic drums: Her Japanese name is "マヤヤ" (Mayaya). She joined the band after graduating music school, despite her professor's request that she should consider instructing music herself, believing that she'd rather make her own music. Although she primarily plays for Ink Theory, she freelances percussion for other bands on the side.