Do I still need a Nintendo Switch to play Splatoon 2?
So I decided to take a look around on some Splatoon 2 items here on Inkipedia and I've notices Cloths, like Headgear, Clothing, and Shoes can be purchased from the game, and SplatNet2 (For example, the Lime Easy-Stripe Shirt costs 3,800 in-game, and 7,600 in SplatNet2). So does that mean I can somehow play Splatoon 2 on my IPhone or an iOS Android? AsrielTheInkling (talk) 02:52, 21 September 2017 (UTC)
- You can't the app is connected to your nintendo account so any gear bought on the app tranfers to the game in one day. Luigi86101 (talk)
- It transfers instantly, actually. You can pick up the gear as soon as you order it from the app. It's gear you buy off other inklings that take a day to come in. -DJParticle (talk) 05:22, 1 June 2018 (UTC)
why is everything on SplatNet literally twice the price that is is in the shops?--Doughnutsprinkles8 (talk) 12:50, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
- Because they are basically "special edition" items with different main abilities. -DJParticle (talk) 13:17, 8 May 2018 (UTC)
I've been a little concerned lately with regards to the app working with two different versions of Splatoon 2 at once. I own two different versions of the game, the US version and the JP version. I normally use my main US account (the same one I have connected to the Switch Online app) for the US version and my JP alt for the JP version. But now that the paid online is here and now I'm forced to use my US account to play in JP Splatfests, will that screw up SplatNet since that account has always previously been associated with the US version I see in the Trivia section on the main page that it works with all versions and shows the stats of the version most recently played, so does that mean if I use my US account to play in next weekend's JP Splatfest it will start showing data for the JP version, and then it will go back to showing US version stats when I load up the US version to play in that Splatfest with nothing lost? I can't be too cautious, so I have to ask for any clarification I can--MetalSmasher86 (talk) 01:04, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
- Yup, that's exactly what will happen. I've been multiregioning all three versions for about a year now. -DJParticle (talk) 01:53, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
More pure gear
CompostBin has a Negative Longcuff Sweater from Toni Kensa with main power up. Should this be added to pure gear? Unless there is another way to get gear with incorrect abilities it came from SplatNet somehow. Inktoling (talk) 00:09, 8 May 2021 (UTC)
Datamined discontinue message
hello everybody! i recently discovered a twitter post from january showing a datamined message stating "インターネットサービス「イカリング２」は
サービス終了しました" aka "The SplatNet 2 online service is no longer available."
should we include this information as trivia on the page? have a good day, and here is the source!! -- 🐙owen⛥puppy⛥21🐙 (talk) 16:59, 18 June 2021 (UTC)
NSO app feature to be discontinued for S2.
Recently, I watched a GameXplain video this morning saying that on Nintendo's Support page, it states that Splatoon 2's "Online Lounge" matchmaking option through the Nintendo Switch Online app will be discontinued on July 28 this year. Just wanted to bring this up. P.J. GT (talk) 12:44, 22 June 2021 (UTC)
does anyone know why they are gonna shut it down? Timmy! BLZ [TALK] 14:00, 22 June 2021 (UTC)
- There are two possibilities; 1, A lot of people never use it. And 2, maybe because Splatoon 3 is coming soon. P.J. GT (talk) 15:41, 22 June 2021 (UTC)
- Did this feature actually get shut down? Heddy (talk) 17:20, 10 August 2021 (UTC)
Re-add inline icons for bullet points?
For unintended SplatNet gear that was patched on Version 1.1.2. According to this talk page, inline icons for bullet points and tables should be kept. I gotta admit that the bullet points look blank without the inline icons. — Exaskliri (they/them) (talk | contribs) 10:32, 19 March 2022 (UTC)
- Icons should only be used where appropriate. There are no hard rules. A general guideline is to not use them in sentences. The comment you linked specified "bullet point lists", but the bullet points for patched gear are more like sentences formatted as bullet points. I wouldn't use more than one icon at the beginning of each line, like in the main gear article. Heddy (talk) 21:04, 19 March 2022 (UTC)