Weapon Brand Disambiguations
We currently have disambiguation pages of Weapon Brands such as Deco, Dolphin, and Neo. Perhaps these should instead be redirects to the subsections of this page, and any content there merged in? 14:43, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
- Sounds good to me! No use having the same exact thing in two places. :b --Bzeep! talk 20:11, 29 January 2016 (UTC)
- Done 18:06, 31 January 2016 (UTC)
The Squid Research Lab says that it's a whale not a dolphin.
Potential different name?
I noticed when the Splatoon tumblr mentioned the amiibo weapons being reskins of existing ones, it collectively referred to the Splattershot, Splat Charger, and Splat Roller as belong to the "Splat series." Does that mean that the official name is not weapon brand, but weapon series? --MandL27 (talk) 22:07, 14 September 2016 (UTC)
|“||Please note that 3 weapons–Hero Shot Replica, Hero Charger Replica, and Hero Roller Replica—can only be obtained by completing amiibo Challenges and are not available from normal gameplay. In case you weren’t aware: while they look funky fresh, these 3 weapons share the same statistics as their Splat series versions.||”|
New weapon brands in Splatoon 2
Judging by both the promotional art for the Baller, Bubble Blower, Flingza Roller; Autobomb; Splat Brella on their respective pages, and the leak showing unreleased versions of the Flingza and Brella along with the Squeezer weapon with stickers matching or nearly matching the logos in the promotional images, there could be three new weapon brands in the game.
The "Foil" one seems like a dead giveaway that it's an unique, new brand; the seahorse logo on the brella (and the fish logo on the sorella variant), and the whale on the autobomb are less clear-cut though. Zorg (talk) 08:16, 9 September 2017 (UTC)
Split weapon brands into their own articles and merge 'Weapon brand' with main 'Brand' page
I feel like this article is getting quite long and is starting to lose some coherence from having to describe a number of different brands. It might be worth giving each weapon brand its own page and moving their subsection on this article over, then merging what's left of 'Weapon brand' into the 'Brand' page. This would allow each weapon brand to be discussed in greater depth, such as getting individual trivia sections. Any thoughts? Siphida (talk) 12:24, 3 February 2019 (UTC)
- Additionally, 'Brand' already discusses weapons produced by companies that produce both gear and weapons, so there is precedence and overlap already in their contents. Siphida (talk) 12:29, 3 February 2019 (UTC)
Shame that no one commented until now. I agree on giving each brand its own page and add another table on the brand page with weapon brands. Some "weapon brands" make much more than just weapons that could be detailed in further detail. I could ask on Discord what people think about it. Islar74 (talk) 17:04, 8 April 2019 (UTC)
- Sorry for the slow reply; I'd mostly forgotten that I posted this, but I still think that the changes that I wrote above would be good to implement and I am glad that you agree. Yeah, posting to the Discord and asking for more opinions would be good. Thank you! Siphida (talk) 13:08, 18 April 2019 (UTC)
- Looks good, although if I were to change something, taking Splat as an example, I would leave the "Splat" (Japanese: スプラ Supura) is a brand within Splatoon and Splatoon 2 which manufactures main, sub and special weapons. on top of the page, and the rest under a heading titled discription or the like. That's just enough information to give the reader an idea what the page is about so they can decide wether or not to read the page, and it looks better IMO. Islar74 (talk) 21:35, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- About the opinion on Discord, since they aren't explicitly named by Nintendo, they should be on one page. But then someone made a good point why they could get their own pages. I also feel like we can use those pages to show in which stage these brands are advertised. At the end of the day, it's just to make the reader more knowledgeable. Islar74 (talk) 21:35, 19 April 2019 (UTC)
- Just make sure to clearly indicate which brand names are just guesses. And don't have a "names in other languages", it would be inappropriate to have what are essentially guesses in other languages.Heddy (talk) 21:49, 19 April 2019 (UTC)