Twintacle Octotroopers are a variety of Octotroopers in Octo Valley, Octo Canyon, the Octo Expansion, and Return of the Mammalians. Unlike regular Octotroopers, their body consists of two tentacles, and fire rapid-fire bursts of ink at the player when spotted. In addition, Twintacle Octotroopers use their second tentacle to move their vehicle around, which can be trapped in the player's ink, slowing them down. They also have a shielded variant, as well as a diver variant.
Twintacle Octotroopers appear to be like a normal Octotrooper, but have two tentacles instead of one and have an angrier expression. Their variations, however, such as the Shielded Twintacle Octotrooper and Twintacle Octodiver are the same as their Octotrooper counterparts.
Unlike normal Octotroopers who spit out blobs of ink, their assault contraptions have a green button, operated by their second tentacle. Once pressed, it rapidly fires out several shots of ink.
Twintacle Octotroopers are also seen piloting Octoseekers.
- Octotrooper Hideout (Mission #1)
- Lair of the Octoballs (Mission #2)
- Gusher Gauntlet (Mission #4)
- Floating Sponge Garden (Mission #5)
- Propeller-Lift Playground (Mission #6)
- Spreader Splatfest (Mission #7)
- Unidentified Flying Object (Mission #9)
- Inkrail Skyscape (Mission #10)
- Inkvisible Avenues (Mission #11)
- Flooder Junkyard (Mission #12)
- Shifting Splatforms (Mission #13)
- Undeniable Flying Object (Mission #15)
- Propeller-Lift Fortress (Mission #16)
- Octosniper Ramparts (Mission #17)
- Spinning Spreaders (Mission #18)
- Tumbling Splatforms (Mission #19)
- Unwelcome Flying Object (Mission #21)
- Splat-Switch Revolution (Mission #22)
- Spongy Observatory (Mission #23)
- Pinwheel Power Plant (Mission #24)
- Far-Flung Flooders (Mission #25)
- Enter the Octobot King! (Boss #5)
- Sunset Octocopter (Mission #3)
- Back-Alley Cleanup (Mission #7)
- Octoseeker Shakedown (Mission #10)[a]
- Parking Garage (Mission #14)
- Secret Bowling Alley (Mission #16)
- Towering Heights (Mission #18)
- Propellerland (Mission #20)
- Underground Expressway (Mission #22)
- The Octogalaxy (Mission #23)
- Transfer Junction (Mission #24)
- Platform Madhouse (Mission #25)
- Paradise Lanes (Mission #26)
- Tubular 8-Ball Station
- Brute Rollup Station
- Phat Splatz Station
- Labyrinth Station
- Slow Ride Station
- Duh-Oh Station
- Iceman Station
- Slap Bracelet Station
- Ballercise Station
- Ink It Station
- Can't Touch This Station
- Ride with Me Station
- Footloose Station
- Coccyx Phase
- Villi Phase[a]
- Diaphragm Phase
Return of the Mammalians
- Twirling, Swirling, Whirling
- Switching Things Up
- Charge Now, Splat Later
- Stamp 'Em Out
- Trouble Round Every Corner
- Barriers! They've Got You Covered
- Zipping over the Neighborhood
- Low Viz, High Risk
- Simply Zipcastic!
- Octarian Heights
- Torture Tour
- Conserve Ink - Splat Sustainably
- Breathe In, Breathe Out
- Alterna Space Center: Hangar
- Alterna Space Center: Lift
- The Spirit Lifter: Steerage
- The Spirit Lifter: First Class
- Rocket Battle
- If a Splat Bomb is thrown at a Twintacle Octotrooper, it will attempt to retreat. If there is an open ledge nearby, this can be used to force the Twintacle Octotrooper off of it.
- When hit, a Twintacle Octotrooper's expression will change; instead of its usual angry look, it appears very distressed and sad.
- Like their one-tentacled varients, Fuzzy Twintacle Octotroopers take a short break after shooting 3 times. They look very confused when doing this.
A Twintacle Octotrooper in Inkrail Skyscape.
Two Twintacle Octotroopers firing ink shots.
An Twintacle Octotrooper covered in ink, looking disstressed.
Size comparison with an Inkling.
Undeniable Flying Object Icon.
Spinning Spreaders Icon.
Concept art of the Octotrooper's hovercraft, from The Art of Splatoon.
Render of a Twintacle Octotrooper from Splatoon 2.
Closeup of the Twintacle Octotrooper piloting an Octoseeker.
The mem cake of a Twintacle Octotrooper.
Unofficial render of the Twintacle Octotrooper's game model from Splatoon 2 on The Models Resource.
Names in other languages
bai tako torūpā
|Twice octopus trooper|
|French (NOA)||Tentassin Feroce||Ferocious Tentassin[b]|
|Spanish (NOA)||Octorecluta Ambidiestro||Ambidextrous Octotrooper|
|Spanish (NOE)||Bi-octorrecluta (Splatoon 2)
|Reinforced Octopus trooper|